VIII

mehro — chance with you 

Faro at night became the personification of the youth life of Damiano and Dette, who again walked the streets laughing, parading the street passers-by, who weren't so many at such a late time, only now the guys from the bar joined them, with whom they went to one local cafe, where we dined in the pleasant company of wine. The guys sat there almost until closing time, when the waiter insistently asked them to leave, because he himself wanted to go home as quickly as possible, for which he received shy chuckles and a paid bill. Damiano walked, throwing one hand on Dette's shoulders, the guys from the band invited them for a walk around the evening town of Portugal. Victoria laughed along with the others, while Mal once again said something stupid, confused in words from the fact that she was trying to talk very quickly.

"Stop laughing, I'll be offended," the blonde crossed her arms over her chest, but Thomas quickly hugged her, hugging her closer to him.

Dette noticed Thomas's gaze, lowered at the blonde, looked with tenderness in his eyes, and tenderly touched her, frowning, Esposito pressed closer to Damiano, hoping that this would remain baseless suspicions and wouldn't develop into the drama between people."Thank you for calling us for a walk," Bernadette nodded, smiling softly at Victoria and receiving the same smile in return, surprisingly the girl now seemed quieter than the others, when she usually spoke louder and laughed, now even Ethan was more active in conversations.

"Who would have thought that Italians can have such great fun?" the long-haired guy raised his eyebrows as he jumped onto the high curb.

"It's so cool that I don't remember my last birthday," Damiano chuckled, kissing his beloved on the back of the head.

"Exactly!" screamed curly, lightly hitting Dami in the chest, "You have a birthday soon."

The guy immediately furrowed his brows pitifully and let out a muffled groan, "I hate these celebrations.""Believe me, we will arrange such a holiday that you will remember it for the rest of your life," Victoria smiled mysteriously, clinging to Mal, thereby forcing her to tear herself away from Thomas, who was clearly unhappy with this.

"Those street musicians again," Ethan sighed heavily, gesturing at the two guys playing guitar a few meters away. Damiano smiled mysteriously, and the thought of an unwanted birthday faded into the background, he bit his lip, exchanging glances with Vic and Ethan, they were difficult to communicate with a look that curly was very difficult to understand. After that, they walked faster and faster to these musicians and David began to say something quickly and quietly to the guys, actively gesturing. After a while, the musicians took up their musical instruments, and Dami picked up a nearby guitar, nodding to the others, and began to play a melody unknown to Detta and sing, dancing slightly to the rhythm. Ethan, at first standing aside and shyly moving in his huge sweatshirt, after a few moments spun Victoria in an elegant dance, and Thomas pulled Malvina to him, repeating for De Angelis. Bernadette watched the guys, carried away by Damiano's singing in the background, later turned to the singer himself, smiling embarrassedly and sweetly to the dimples on her cheeks.

Biting her lip, she closed her eyes, shoving her hands into the pockets of her denim jacket as she moved slowly to the rhythm of the music. Bernadette enjoyed this atmosphere of the city at night, the company of happy friends, and music that reminded me that not everything in this life is bad and that love and freedom exist. Damiano's smile and warmth inside were all the curly needed at the moment. Opening her eyes, the girl noticed how the guy, without ceasing to sing, came closer to Detta, bending over and kissing her during the break. When the song ended, the guys laughed, and Dami nodded to the musicians, taking off his guitar and thanks again to them, he returned to his beloved, tightly wrapping his arms around her and holding her to him.

They walked long enough to get tired, Ethan periodically walked with his eyes closed, as did Victoria. Thomas noticed this too and suggested going to the bar where they were performing to relax and possibly have a beer. Having unlocked the door, he went inside, turning on the light, because the time had already passed one o'clock in the morning and the establishments didn't work at such a late time."Make yourself comfortable," Thomas shouted as he walked over to the bar and pulled out a large bottle of strong whiskey.

"Isn't that too much?" Quietly asked Dette in Damiano's ear, to which he shrugged as a sign that he didn't know, what the girl just squeezed her nodules and frowned, she really had fun today, but didn't want to drink whiskey.

"Well," Thomas jumped onto the sofa, putting a bottle of alcohol on the table, which, surprisingly, Victoria immediately took and took several big sips, without even eating, "take it easy," the guy frowned, forcibly taking the bottle from the girl and made himself several sips, to which Malvina just rolled her eyes.

"Are you allowed to enter the bar whenever you want?" Dette asked curiously, crossing her arms at chest level and leaning against the back of the sofa while Damiano took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"A friend of my dad owns this bar," Victoria replied, clutching her head, which was apparently severely ill, "so yeah, you can come in whenever you want." In response, the curly-haired woman just grinned, turning her head towards the stage.

"Haven't you broken into closed buildings at night before?" Thomas asked.

"Take it easy," Ethan parodied the blond, hinting that it's best not to fight now.

"I'm just asking," he brushed aside, glancing back at Detta.

"There was no need," the girl replied gravely, feeling the mounting tension at the table.

"You're a rich girl, how could I forget," Thomas smiled.

These words greatly hurt Bernadette, although she didn't show herself, pride was hurt, like self-esteem, she didn't want anyone to know about her father and daddy's girl here. At that moment, many thoughts flashed through the curly head at the same time, she had already begun to think whether it was worth changing her place of residence again because her friends now know who the girl's father is and could tell him. I wanted to cry with despair and yell at Thomas for revealing a secret that Dette didn't want to divulge. Something snapped inside, some kind of chain that helped Detta to be strong and emotionally stable, even though she cried at night in the bathroom while Damiano wasn't at home or he was sleeping. She clutched a medallion to her, in which, in addition to a photo of David, there was also an image of William, a friend who crashed, the girl was still bored and couldn't come to terms with it, and Thomas again reminded that Bernadette was still Esposito and the brand of daddy's girl was still with her. And everyone else at the table understood that if something doesn't do it, everything will be bad. Damiano clenched his fists so that his knuckles were visible and smacked a cigarette on the ashtray on the table, but the curly-haired woman intercepted him, knowing how easy it is to anger David, who, despite everything, remains cold and unquestioning. Damiano's amazing ability to feel Dette's mood, which he diligently hid, the guy knew that it was bad and wanted to protect her, and to show Thomas that he didn't need to communicate with people like that, especially with his girlfriend, David hasn't forgotten how the guy tried to hit on the curly.

"Yes, that's right, I'm rich," Esposito replied, taking Thomas's words as a blow, "so the doors are always open for me."

Ethan and Victoria laughed, realizing that the blond had lost in this dispute, so Dette and Damiano smiled, but Malvina's reaction remained incomprehensible, she seemed upset that the curly-haired woman had won.

"1-0 in Detty's favor," Vic yelled, picking up the whiskey bottle, but everyone was distracted by the sound of the door opening, everyone turned their heads towards the entrance, noticing there was a grown man in a black leather jacket.

"We're closed, sir," Ethan replied, but he disobeyed and walked deeper into the establishment, the shadow of the night made it difficult to see his face, "sir," the long-haired one called out to him. The tension from the quarrel turned into tension from a stranger who could, for example, shoot them right here and now.

"Don't worry, kids," the man replied in an imperious voice, raising his palms upward as a sign of disarmament. He seemed familiar to Detta, who, like everyone else, turned to the stranger, frowning, "I come in peace," finally the light of the lamp near the bar illuminated the visitor's face, while Esposito didn't know whether to be happy or cry.