XIV

lana del rey — brooklyn baby
18+

The muffled red light reflected in the windows and on the floor, glinting directly into Thomas's eyes. He could vaguely see his surroundings as if his vision had become sharply impaired and everything around him was no longer as clear as before. Still, he could smell a sweet odor around him, a scent he knew, but the blond could never remember where it came from. He sat down on the bed, staring into the darkness of the room and at the hidden corners; it was becoming difficult to breathe, the panic was creeping closer and closer, for a moment Thomas even though he had lost his hearing, which was drowned out by the squeaking in his ears. Suddenly two shadows began to approach the guy, the very familiar scent coming from them, the closer they came and climbed on the red sheets on the bed, the more clearly the blond could see their outlines, he realized that they were two girls with fair skin, one of them had many tattoos, they were both dressed in black, tops and pants. The boy felt that these people were familiar to him, the warmth in his heart told him so, but he had no way of remembering them or seeing their faces, which made the situation more complicated. One of the girls began to undress while the other leaned closer and closer to Thomas until she covered his lips with hers, the guy could not resist, he did not want to, the blond responded to the kiss by raising his palm to the back of her head and pressing lightly, deepening the kiss, she, in turn, lowered her small and cold hands to his chest, then lower. After taking off her top, the second girl began to remove the blond's pants, to which the guy grinned and leaned back on the pillows. One of the girls, Thomas couldn't tell them apart because of his clouded mind, sat on his torso, rocking his hips, the guy grinned insidiously, placing his palms at her waist, he was enjoying the process until a sharp pain in his chest pierced his entire body as the second girl thrust a silver knife into the blond's heart with enormous force.

Thomas sat up abruptly on his bed, drawing in air deeply through his chest, which he immediately began to check for wounds. After making sure it was only a nightmare and that he was in one piece, the guy touched his forehead with his hand, feeling the sweat on his fingers. He was still trying to catch his breath, while he heard a heavy knock on the door; without waiting for an answer, a visitor entered, completely oblivious to Thomas's anxious state.

"Ethan, I've told you a thousand times not to come into my room without permission," the boy said muffled, looking up at his guest.

"Excuse me, sir," the guy leaned over to the blond demonstratively, and then Thomas noticed a large backpack on Ethan's shoulder, "but I just got a call from Louis telling me to get everyone together at the pub, he has an idea for Damiano's birthday party."

The blond man fell back onto the cushions with his back, letting out a disgruntled groan. Even though he didn't want to go anywhere right now, his thoughts were filled with these strangers from the dream.

"He said to get some stuff," Ethan threw a pillow at the guy.

"I will!" muttered Thomas, hiding in the layers of blankets. Bernadette had been waiting for her beloved friend to arrive for nearly half an hour; she bit her lip once more, unknowingly placing her palm on her thigh, where the whale tattoo Damiano had chosen now flaunted. The guy sat beside her, with his hand on his lover's shoulders and his other hand to his lips, holding a cigarette.

"I don't like that idea," the brunette exhaled, tracing circles on Dette's bare shoulder with his finger.

"I don't like Louis," she replied sarcastically. The girl tried to restrain her harshness and ardor, but the prospect of waiting so long for a man she hated made her angry.

"Try not to show it," the guy gave the curly-haired girl a quick peck on the lips in between puffs.

"Oh, you don't think he has a clue?" Damiano himself didn't like waiting so long for his friend, considering the girl next to him could do anything from annoyance at any moment.