22.

So as promised here is the next chapter. I hope you like it.😊

The next morning Natasha woke up to see Wanda still sound asleep, snuggled into her side. She debated if she should wake Wanda or just let her sleep and quickly decided for the latter. They had nothing special to do today so it was alright if Wanda slept in a little. Also she had to talk to Steve and she actually would like it better if Wanda wasn't near when they did. So she kissed Wanda on the forehead, took a quick shower and went on her way to search Steve after she had put on some clothes.

She found him in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. "Lucky Charms? Aren't you more like a Cheerios guy? And aren't those Tony's?" She asked. Steve jumped. "Dammit Romanoff, what did I say about sneaking up on me? I almost had a heart attack." He glared at her. "Oh did I just hear a swear word? But Steve that's so bad Language." Natasha said mockingly. "Haha very funny. That was one time. And you still make fun of it." He said annoyed. "And I won't ever stop. You should've thought about that before you said it." She said laughing.

"It slipped okay! And by the way, yes those are Tony's but I wanted some so I took some. He'll survive it."

"Alright, alright. Now what was it that we had to talk about?" Nat said.

"Oh you know exactly what this is about."

"No. I don't, actually. Enlighten me please." She said sarcastically. "Natasha don't play stupid with me. Did you talk with Wanda about the mission?" He asked. He could see Natasha tense at the question. "No, and I won't. Steve you know what I think about this." She said.

"I don't get it, why don't you want Wanda to come on that mission?"

"That doesn't matter. I don't want her to come. We talked about this Steve. We can handle it without her." She said. "It's Hydra, she could be very useful. Also, you know we both need to agree on her staying here." He tried again. "Yeah but we also both need to agree on her to come with us. She stays here, Steve. End of discussion." Natasha said.

"So when we're you going to tell me that you now decide if I come on a mission or not?" They heard from behind. Natasha froze. Then she slowly turned around to meet the eyes of her fuming girlfriend. "Hey baby." She said with a nervous chuckle. "Uh uh. You don't get to call me that right now. Since when do you get to decide if I come on a mission or not? That's my decision Natasha." Wanda said.

"Since I'm head of the team together with Steve. We decide who comes on a mission and who does not." Natasha said. "You know how badly I wanted to go on a mission again. And then when the opportunity comes up you just decide that I have to stay here even if Steve thinks differently and apparently tried to convince you to change your mind multiple times? He said you need me." Wanda said angrily. "Well he's wrong. The decision is final. You stay here we go." Natasha said and stood up to leave. Before she reached the door Wanda stood in front of her, her eyes glowing a faint red.

"Don't you dare leave now. We are not done with this conversation."

Natasha looked at her wide-eyed. "Did you just portal yourself here from over there?" She asked surprised. "Don't change the subject now, Natasha. Why would you decide against me coming on that mission?" Wanda asked. "Because we don't need you there. That's just the same reason why I don't always go on missions. Not everyone is always useful" Natasha said. "Did you just call me useless?" Wanda gasped. "No that was not what I meant. Not everyone is always needed okay? You see, sometimes only one or two people go on a mission, because they're needed for it, that's just the same. You know... Whatever, you stay here. I'm not making up my mind." Natasha said. Wanda glared at her angrily and opened her mouth to reply something but Natasha had already pushed past her before she had the chance to say something.

"What the hell was that?" Wanda asked and looked at Steve. "I don't know what's up with her. I've tried to change her mind multiple times but every time she just closes herself off and says no. I don't know what's her problem, she doesn't seem to want to talk about it. But she's right, it needs both of our decisions to let one go on a mission. I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do." He said. She nodded sadly and went to leave. "Oh but Wanda?" Steve called out. She turned around to look at him. "If you were to sneak into the Quinjet and come without me knowing, I wouldn't be able to do something against that either." He winked at her. She smirked and nodded. Who did Natasha think she was. If she wanted to come, she would come.

In the evening Wanda sat in the kitchen again, eating a salad for dinner when Natasha entered the room. "So we're not going to eat together anymore?" Natasha said. Wanda looked at her but said nothing. "Okay you're just not gonna talk to me now?" Natasha said. "I'm still angry at you. That's why I wanted to eat alone tonight." Wanda answered. "Oh." Natasha bit her lip. "I'm just gonna go then." Natasha said. She almost felt guilty at Nat's sad expression but said nothing to stop her. After she ate she stood in front of Natasha's door about to go in before she thought about it and remembered they would not sleep in the same room tonight. She felt bad about it because she knew none of them would be able to sleep this night but she wasn't ready to let it slide just yet.

The next day Wanda woke up early to have breakfast before anyone else. Then she snuck onto the Quinjet and hid behind some boxes. Where she stayed for over an hour before the others came on board and more than 2 hours before she heard Natasha say:

"You can come out now, Wanda."

She came out from behind the boxes and looked at Natasha challengingly. "What are you doing here?" Natasha said through gritted teeth. "I'm here to go on this mission. And you can't stop me." Wanda said. "Oh is that so? You disobeyed orders so you are going to stay here in the Quinjet." Natasha said. "What? That's ridiculous. The order was for me to stay at the compound and if I disobey the order I have to stay in the Quinjet. Are you serious?" Wanda asked getting angry.

"Yes I am serious."

"You know what, I don't care what you say, I'm coming." Wanda said. "Wanda..." Nat warned. "Okay that's enough! Stop with the fighting. She's here already, she's obviously not gonna stay in here so she can come." Steve suddenly said. "Steve!" Nat said. "That's final. Now stop fighting please." He said. Natasha growled quietly but said nothing. She knew when a fight was over.

Over the next hour, Wanda noticed that Nat grew more nervous by the second. "Are you okay?" Wanda asked and slowly sat down next to her. Natasha looked at her with desperation in her eyes. "Please don't go Wanda." She whispered. "What? I thought we talked about this. Why do you want me to stay here so badly? Don't you trust me?" Wanda asked. "Of course I trust you." Natasha replied. "Then what's the problem? Talk to me." Wanda pleaded. "I don't want to lose you." Natasha admitted.

"You won't lose me. Natasha where is this coming from? You're usually not like that. We went on several missions together and we even fought against each other what makes this different?" Wanda said surprised. "The last time we were on a mission was shortly after Steve and I rescued you and the others from the raft and we weren't talking. I couldn't exactly stop you from going but I was still worried. I almost lost somebody on mission shortly before that. This mission is dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt, I don't want to lose you." Natasha said.

"Okay I understand that. Really I do. Because that is exactly what I feel when you go on a mission. I'm always scared you don't come back but you do. That's part of our job. And we'll always come back to each other okay? You look out for me out there and I'll look out for you. That's how we stay safe, alright?" Wanda said. Natasha nodded with tears in her eyes. "I love you." Natasha whispered. Wanda gasped. Then she smiled. "I love you, too." She said and pulled her in for a soft kiss.

"And now let's kick some ass."

Natasha chuckled but nodded.