23.

I'm back again people, with another chapter. Didn't really know how to continue, but today Inspiration hit me right in the face, not literally, it you know what I mean. I hope this isn't too bad, I've just finished writing it and it's currently 10 past midnight where I am and I should be asleep right now. So if there are any mistakes, I'm sorry, it's just late and I'm a little bit tired.

"Okay, Wanda, Nat you two are going to the first floor. Bucky, Sam and I are going to the second floor and Tony and Vision are going to the third floor. Remember, we're looking for some important Hydra files about their plans and their new location. Watch out for any Hydra agents. This building seems to have been abandoned since the last time we've been here but that doesn't have to mean anything. So be careful. Any questions?" Nobody said anything. "Alright then let's be quick. Whoever finds these files tells the others and we'll meet back at the Quinjet." Steve said. Everybody nodded and made their to the building.

"Let's split up. You'll take the left and I'll take the right. When we're through we'll meet up again in the middle." Wanda proposed as they approached the point where the hallway split up in left and right. She saw Nat hesitate for a second before she nodded and agreed with Wanda's plan.

"But as soon as you'll get into trouble you call for me alright?"

"Same goes for you."

Then they split up. Nat turned left and Wanda turned right. "The first room is all clear." She heard Wanda's voice over the comms after a few minutes. "Wanda you know you don't have to tell us every time when a room is clear, do you? We don't really expect someone to be here." Steve said over the comms, confused.

"I know I don't have to but I want to."

Natasha smiled. She knew Wanda did this for her. So she knew she was safe. "All clear over here, too." She said. She would explain Steve later. Or maybe she wouldn't. Maybe this was something they would keep to themselves. Not everybody needed to know what a softie she was around Wanda. "All clear in room 2 on this side." Wanda broke through Nat's thoughts.

"Same here."

This continued for some time. Silence with an occasional "all clear" from Wanda or Natasha.

It had been silent for a few minutes when Wanda spoke up again. "Guys I think I found the files." Then silence. "Okay good, where are you? I'll come to you." Natasha said.

"Last room on my..." Then the comms broke.

"Wanda?" Natasha said. She was met with silence. "What's going on down there?" Steve asked.

"I don't know."

"Wanda?!" Natasha called, panic now clear in her voice. "Wanda? Honey answer me please." Nat called. Again only silence. Then a gunshot rang out. Natasha's blood ran ice cold. That shot was definitely on their floor. Wanda was definitely in trouble. What if she was hit by that shot?

"Wanda!" Natasha screamed while she sprinted towards the direction she knew Wanda was in and into the last room Wanda had mentioned. Nothing. She ran into the next room. There she was met with a lot of chaos. Chairs were lying on the ground, partly broken, shelves had fallen down and all kinds of papers were lying all over the ground. A fight had happened here. That was clear. "Wanda?" She asked again as she carefully stepped into the room. But yet again she was met with silence. Then she walked around the massive wooden table in the room. And there she was. Slumped against the wall, blood seeping quickly from a wound in her stomach, face bruised and scratches all over her arms.

"Wanda!" Natasha called out and in an instant she was next to her on the ground. "Steve, I need help, here. Wanda's hurt. We're on the right floor, third last room. Hurry, please." Natasha said with a trembling voice. "We'll be there as fast as possible." She heard the answer. She pressed her hands tightly onto Wanda's wound and the younger girl hissed at the contact. "I know honey. It hurts. I'm so sorry. Just stay with me alright?" Nat said panicked as she saw that Wanda already had her eyes almost closed.

"Nat?"

"Yeah it's me baby. What the hell happened here?"

"I'm so tired." Wanda said and Nat watched as Wanda closed her eyes. "I know honey but you gotta stay awake. Come on. Tell me what happened." Nat said as she put her hands to Wanda's cheeks. Wanda opened her eyes again.

"Yeah that's right. Look at me. Tell me what happened."

"There was this guy. He attacked me out of nowhere. He hid behind the door and hit me in the head with something. He was so strong and then he pulled out that gun. I... I got the files though." Wanda said as she tried to get the files out behind her back. Natasha watched in concern as more blood began to seep out between her fingers that she had pressed tightly on Wanda's wound again. "Wanda, honey stop moving." She said. "But, I... I need to..." Wanda tried. "No it's ok. We'll get the files. I promise, now just stop moving please." Nat said.

"But.."

"Wanda you're bleeding out! Stop moving!" Natasha almost screamed. She could see the life draining out of her with every drop of blood she lost.

"Nat?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm tired. I'm so, so tired. I can't hold on much longer." Wanda said. "No, no, no. You need to stay awake. Wanda please, you need to stay awake. You can rest when we're home, okay? Now you just gotta stay with me." Natasha panicked as tears began to run down her cheeks. "I... can't. It hurts and I feel so heavy." Wanda said as her eyes began to close once again.

"No, baby please. Stay with me. Come on stay with me. I can't lose you. I love you. You just gotta hold on a little longer. Please baby."

But Wanda's eyes closed completely and her head fell against the wall. "Wanda! Don't do this to me, baby. Come on wake up. Don't do this. Please I need you." Natasha said through tears. "Wanda! Wake up. Please baby. Wake up." Natasha sobbed as she pulled Wanda closer to her chest and hugged her tight. In that moment Steve burst through the door, Bucky trailing behind.

Steve took in the scenery, saw the blood and Natasha sobbing and told Tony through the comms to get the quinjet ready and to call Bruce to get the medbay ready, they'd be there in a few minutes with a severely hurt Wanda. Then he went to pick Wanda up as Bucky pulled Natasha up from the ground. Then they made their way to the jet as fast as they could where Tony, Vision and Sam were already waiting. As soon as they set foot on the jet,they took off towards the avengers compound.

They flew as fast as they could but for Nat it felt like they had flown for days. All she could think of was Wanda and if she was going to survive, while she looked at her hands that were still coated in Wanda's blood. Bucky noticed her shocked state and went over to her. He cleaned her hands from the blood. Then he sat next to her, pulling her into a hug. This is how they spent the whole ride home.

When they reached the compound Bruce was already waiting for them. "What happened to her?" Bruce asked as he led them the way, while Steve trailed behind him carrying a very pale Wanda. "She got shot." Steve said after a few seconds when Natasha didn't answer. She was still in shock. Steve laid Wanda down on a bed and Bruce ushered them all out of the room so he could work in peace. Natasha sat down on one of the chairs in front of the medbay.

"Don't you want to change your clothes?" Steve said after a few seconds where he looked at her worriedly. "I'm staying here. I can't leave her." She said. "Come on Natasha, he's right. You should go change. You can't do anything right now but wait. And if something should happen while you're in your room we'll call you." Bucky said. She looked at them for a short time before she sighed, nodded and left for her room.

Natasha had come back from her room in jeans and T-shirt and sat in front of the medbay for what felt like a week when Bruce came out. She jumped up from her chair immediately. "How is she? Is she going to fine?" She asked. "She'll be alright. She lost a lot of blood so I had to give her a transfusion but she'll survive. You can go see her if you want. But she'll be asleep for a while." Bruce said. She nodded. "Thank you, Bruce." She said while she made her way into the medbay. And there she lay. Her Wanda. Asleep and bruised. She looked so peaceful as if she hadn't just been two heartbeats away from dying. Natasha sat down in a chair next to Wanda's bed and took her hand, waiting for her to wake up.