First Rehearsal

It was finally the first day back from winter break! After New Years, Grants mom had dropped me off at my house and we never spoke of it again, so I was a bit surprised when Grant brought it up on the bus that morning.

"Hey, why did you choose me to tell?" he asked me, turning his phone off and looking at me.

"Well, you my best friend, I figured you should know, we are supposed to trust each other right?" I told him and he nodded, going back to his game, though I could see a faint smile on his face.

That afternoon, we walked through the empty school to the auditorium, early once again.

"It's kinda creepy isn't it, seeing the school not filled with students?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I like the silence, gives me a break from everyone's annoying voices," he looked at me pointedly and I laughed.

"Okay, fair enough, I'll stay quiet," I told him and he nodded.

We got to the auditorium to find almost everyone was already there.

"So much for being early," I muttered.

Grant chuckled and sat in the back so no one would notice him, I wasn't sure if he was allowed to be here.

"Alright students, let's get on the stage for some warm ups," Mr. Roy called to us.

I followed everyone onto the stage and we did some lip trills to start off. Then, we did some weird vocal warm up that made me wonder if Grant should be here anymore, he was barely controlling his laughter from the seats.

It took about 15 minutes until we finished and Mr. Roy had us all take a drink from our water bottles. Most kids didn't have one though.

"Okay everyone, new rule, ALWAYS, bring a water bottle to class kay?" he said to us and a chorus of "Yes Mr. Roy," echoed through the auditorium.

"Also, please, call me Zack," he told us.

"And one final thing," he said, turning to look at the seats towards Grant.

I paled, wondering if he would get in trouble. "Mr. Garrison," Mr. Roy said to him.

"Um yes sir?" he asked, and I could tell he was startled.

"You have to be part of the play to be here," he told him. "Come down." Grant walked down towards the stage and walked up the stairs.

"Now, can you sing?" he asked and Grant shook his head no.

"Can you dance?" he asked and once again, Grant shook his head.

"What can you do?" he asked, getting frustrated at this point.

Grant seemed to think but I knew what he could do. "He's good at technical things," I said, making every head turn to me.

"That true?" he asked Grant and he seemed to think before actually saying something. "Yeah, I'm pretty good," he told him.

"Wonderful, you can be our tech whiz, we don't need you yet, but I want you to watch rehearsal so you know when to do the cues and lighting, I'll show you the board later," he told Grant.

Grant nodded, smiling a little and sat in the front row this time.

Rehearsal went great! I didn't have to sing in front of anyone so that was good, but I knew it was just a matter of time. We did some improvisation workshops and we went through the first 10 scenes of the play, fine tuning them. When rehearsal was over, Grant and I got onto the bus and talked about the rehearsal.

Meanwhile at East High

Lily P.O.V

I sang my heart out at that audition. No one put nearly as much effort into it as I did accept maybe a girl with brown frizzy hair. A boy with red hair even tried tap dancing and he FELL OVER, it was terrible really. I laughed because it was funny, but everyone else seemed to hate me after that. Ugg, being nice.

I walked home from school feeling proud, there was no way I wouldn't get Belle. I walked through my door to my dad and mom talking at the table. '

"I'm home," I shouted to them and they both looked up smiling.

"Hello darling. How was your audition? Did you wow them all and get social status?" my mom asked.

I sighed internally, and smiled externally.

"Of course mom, they saw my value, but I wouldn't want them in my social circle anyways, they're just a bunch of talentless high schoolers, one even FELL DOWN during his audition," I told her and she wrinkled her nose.

"Ugg, maybe we should think about transferring you to North High, they have a much more respectable school and social standing," she told me. "Go upstairs and get changed, we're going out tonight," she told me.

I went upstairs and got ready. My mom of 1 year was obsessed with social standings and status. She's always making sure I'm aligned for greatness, I just want to be popular in school. I bet Katrina's failing at that miserably, I thought happily.

Katrina was always my least favorite person, she thought she was so amazing with her little flips and songs, but dad always liked me better. I felt happy to be away from her, until we moved back to this place. So many memories flooding back, actually happy times with her, but I wont let them succeed in pulling me under a wave of pity and sadness. I have a reputation to begin, and nothing will get in my way, especially not Katrina Evans.

And there you have it! Another chapter FINALLY!!!!!!! Also spoilers for the last episode of HSMTMTS season 2 ahead so if you didn't watch it, don't look at the bottom of this page and go watch it now! Also, last thing, if we could get to 100 views and at least 1 like, that would be amazing! By for now everyone, have a good day :)

(More at the bottom for those who watched the new episode of HSMTMTS season 2)

Okay, so, is it weird that I started writing this book before the last episode came out, and I was right about Lily's parents being divorced?