The (Almost) Date

Recap: "How did you even know what my favorite breakfast foods were?" I asked.

"Well... I had some help," Ricky said, looking away.

"From who?" I asked, biting into the scone.

"Umm... Lily."

Katrina P.O.V

"Wait Lily? How on earth did you know she would help you?" I asked.

"Well..." Ricky trailed off.

Flashback to before the dance battle

"I actually wanted to pay you a compliment," Lily said, catching up with me.

"Oh yeah... like what?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to say that I think it's really cool how your handling you girlfriend stabbing you in the back with that viral song of hers," Lily said.

"What are you talking about, I love Nini's song," I said, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah but do you love the lyrics? I'm done living my life for you, I wont be confined to your point of view? Does that really sound like a rose talking to you beast? Or a girl who needs some space?" Lily asked.

I thought about it and he regrettably admitted she was right.

"Anyways, let me know if your looking for one who doesn't," she said flirtatiously.

My head snapped up and I started improvising. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked, knowing that she probably didn't.

"Actually yes, but my sister doesn't," Lily said, gesturing over to Katrina, who was talking to Grant.

She looked so sad and I felt really bad about everything. I didn't realize I was staring until Lily cleared her throat.

"See?" was all she said, going over and talking with Grant and Katrina.

Flashback over

Katrina P.O.V again.

All Ricky said was "I think she ships us." I laughed at that.

"Lily would do that, she's my sister," I laughed, taking another bite of my scone.

"So anyways, we're here, we have breakfast, are you finally going to tell me about New York?" Ricky asked, biting into a strawberry.

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to tell everyone about it!" I exclaimed, facepalming.

"Relax, its fine, everyone understands, you can tell me now though," Ricky said.

I then realized in all the fuss about Lily and breakfast... "Ricky, before I get into that, why are you still holding my hand?" I asked teasingly. That got quite a reaction out of his though. He immidiently let go of my hand and blushed a deep red.

"Sorry, I forgot I was doing that," he said, rubbing the back of his neck again.

I laughed, even though I had a slight red on my cheeks too. "Its fine, anyways do you want to hear about New York or not?" I asked.

"Of course I do!" Ricky exclaimed, getting out of embarrassment.

I laughed and launched into the tale of NYC, Ricky gasping at all the right parts.

"Wait he actually... wow he is horrible!" Ricky laughed after I told him about Alex.

"You wont be the first to say that," I joked.

"It sounds like you had so much fun!" Ricky exclaimed.

By now, we had finished breakfast and we were just sitting here. "I did! It was one of the best experiences of my life!" I exclaimed.

Ricky laughed and I smiled. I felt more calm than I possibly ever had.

"Thank you for this Ricky, I really needed this," I admitted, closing my eyes and letting the sounds engulf me. We must have sat there for 10 minutes before I opened my eyes and saw Ricky with his eyes closed as well.

I smiled and gently tapped him on the shoulder. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I felt my heart speed up at rapid pace and slowly, slowly we moved closer centimeter by centimeter. Suddenly, I heard footsteps clomping through the grass. I quickly looked over at the same time as Ricky and we saw, low and behold, Nini.

"Nini!" I exclaimed.

"Oh hi Kat, hi Ricky, what are you two doing here?" she asked innocently.

"We were just eating breakfast, I was telling Ricky about New York!" I said happily.

"Oh, well I'm sorry to barge in," Nini said, almost spitefully.

I frowned slightly at this but then my smile returned. "Why were you down here?" I asked.

"Oh well you know, I wanted to think and I come here a lot to do that," Nini shrugged, looking slightly stiff.

I narrowed my eyes but accepted the statement that was almost certainly a lie.

"I guess you forgot to mention Nini knows about this place," I joked, looking back at Ricky, who was looking uncomfortable.

"Well I ummmm, thought she forgot about it," he said, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Well I suppose I didn't, kind of hard to forget the place your boyfriend takes you on your first date," Nini said, putting her hands in her jean pockets.

My eyes widened and I looked at Ricky.

He had a look in his eyes that screamed "Please let me explain I swear its not as cliché as she's making it sound." I sighed and got up, dusting off my leggings.

"Well if you want to be here Nini I suppose I'll head out, thank you for making this weekend so much less stressful Ricky," I smiled at him and left.

I was walking along the trail when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and Ricky was holding the basket and running towards me, coming up beside me.

"You have no idea where your going do you?" Ricky asked after I didn't say anything.

"Well..." I was about to make a comeback when I realized he was right.

"Ha, knew it, you have to turn here up into the woods," Ricky said, pointing left.

I sighed and turned left without acknowledging him.

"Look, I took you to that spot because I thought it would be relaxing, not because I wanted to be weird and generic so I took you to the place I took my previous girlfriend for a first date," Ricky defended himself.

I smiled a bit.

"Alright, I meant what I said, you make this weekend so much better," I relented, finally looking over and smiling at him.

He gave me a lopsided smile and we walked in nice silence, Ricky occasionally guiding me to another trail.

"Hey I've been meaning to ask you, when's your birthday?" Ricky asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh well if you and Lily are in good spirits why don't you ask her? Or better yet Grant!" I joked, laughing at his face after I said that.

"Why Grant?" Ricky asked. He looked... I don't know but it was not a good emotion.

"Well because, he's my best friend and he knows that type of thing about me," I shrugged and smiled.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I joked, nudging him.

Once again I got a priceless reaction out of him. "Wha- no way!" Ricky blushed.

I laughed. "I'm just teasing you silly, but yeah, you'll have to figure it out on your own," I smiled, running up the trail the last way out of the forest.

I heard Ricky laugh and chase behind me, catching up quickly.

"I will find out," he called after me.

I just smiled and got onto the bus, looking out the window. I got home and sighed, who knows what the rest of the weekend will be like.

Sorry for the short and very uneventful chapter, I just wanted to give Katrina and Ricky some much needed interaction. :)