What To Do On A Rainy Day

Day 5

I woke up on our last full day in NYC with a smile on my face. I sat up and stretched, looking around at everyone who had fallen asleep in whacky positions. I didn't remember how I had gotten to sleep on the couch, but there I was. I looked around and saw that most people were in different positions, except Lily and Grant. I got up quietly and walked over to the balcony, stealthily opening and closing the door. The morning was cool and the sunrise was beautiful.

I then remembered I had to see the videos Ricky sent me. The first one was of him so I watched it first. I figured it was the song he wrote and I was right! It was so amazing, I played it on loop like 3 times before I made myself click out and watch the next one. It was sort of a comeback video from East High to the video Sasha posted.

It was great, everyone looked like they were having so much fun! I just wondered why Nini hadn't texted me video. Suddenly, I heard the door open quietly. I turned around and saw Grant standing in the doorway, looking drowsy but happy.

"Morning," I said quietly, smiling.

"Morning," he said groggily, coming and sitting on the chair next to me. We just sat there watching the sunrise for a while.

"I haven't seen something like this in a while," Grant whispered, breaking the silence.

I nodded, looking out still.

"You ever think about how much everything has changed since that first day?" Grant asked, sitting back in his chair.

I turned to look at him and he elaborated.

"I mean, we went into that auditorium not even knowing if you would audition, then, you got the lead in the play, conquered your stage fright, I became the tech guy, your sister moved to town, I got my first girlfriend, you patched things up with Lily, patched things up with your other friends, got a gymnastics part in our new show, and right now we're in New York City with a new drama teacher who's getting us to the Menkes!" Grant exclaimed, throwing his hands up for emphasis.

"Wow, I guess I never really thought about it," I said thoughtfully. "Also you forgot to mention getting over your crush on me," I joked.

Grant's head snapped up and he looked at me with a blush on his face. "You knew about that?" he asked, embarrassed.

"Oh come on, you're the only one who knows my locker combination, the person couldn't give me the special gift because then I would know who it was, I know you gave me that ice, and I also figured out you pressed that button on purpose," I smirked. In truth, I had only just figured it out a couple days ago when I was sitting in bed thinking about random things.

"Wow, you really know me way to well," Grant said, looking down, still embarrassed.

I laughed at this. "Hey, we're best friends for a reason, who would I be if I didn't know who you had a crush on," I joked.

He laughed and I went over and hugged him from behind.

"I'm really glad your my best friend Kat," Grant said.

I smiled. "Me too, me too," I said, letting go of the hug and going to sit in my seat again.

"So, you knew I liked Lily then huh?" Grant asked after a few moments.

"Oh yeah, it was painfully obvious," I exaggerated.

He laughed and we spent the next 20 minutes just sitting there until the door opened again.

"Morning guys," Lily said, coming out and sitting in the chair on the other side of me.

"Morning Lil's," I chorused, pulling her into our sibling hug.