We're Going Home

After about 20 minutes of getting everyone into the kitchens (5 of those spent waking Grant) Lily and I walked onto stage.

"Hello everyone," Lily said, addressing the massive crowd of people that had gathered in the dining room.

"We know the rain cut a lot of plans short, including the entertainment for this evening," I continued.

"But we hope this could serve as satisfactory," Lily smiled.

"We now present to you, North High's showing of..." I trailed off.

"Beauty and the Beast!" Lily and I said together.

The room applauded and we exited the stage, watching Howie and Lena walk up.

The show was fun and exciting to say the least. Everyone had to do some improvising because we had no props. The funniest though, was when Antoine grabbed a real candelabra and used it, surprising the people at the table.

The best part though, was Be Our Guest. We had all consecutively decided to expand the dancing to the audience. There was a row in the middle of the tables that I would do my routine in. It started out great, everyone came in on cue and danced off the stage, getting laughs of delight from people, then I went up.

I let myself get into the moment of the music and did my routine, only stumbling a bit on my final handspring. Everyone applauded though, so I assume they didn't notice anything. The rest of the musical went smoothly, we hadn't fully rehearsed the final 20 scenes yet, but Lily and Howie only messed up twice. In the end, it was a successful production.

We lined up for curtain call and everyone gave us a standing ovation. It was really nice to be able to practice in front of a crowd, and if this is what it would be like on opening night, we would crush it.

It was a couple minutes later, and everyone was leaving the dining room while we cleaned up all the props and swept the stage. Lily and Grant were sweeping together and I was helping some of the waitresses clean off the tables. I felt someone tap my shoulder gently. I looked behind me and there was a tall, tan, woman with brown hair and grey eyes.

"Hello," I said, unsure of who she was and what she wanted.

"Hello darling, I'm Lisa Turret," she said, her accent obviously slightly British, holding out her hand. I noted she had white gloves on. I shook her hand politely.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Katrina, could I help you?" I asked curiously.

"As a matter of fact Katrina, you can. You see, I'm a talent agent and I'm looking for some of the brightest new youths, that gymnastics you did was quite excellent," she said, scanning me.

I blushed and my mouth dropped just a bit. A talent agent really wanted to see me?

"Well yes, I've been practicing since I was at least 5, but I still have a lot to learn," I said modestly.

"Well of course you do, that's why I'm asking you this," she said, giving a small chuckle.

I stared at her, not quite comprehending.

"Alright then, let me spell it out for you, I'm willing to let you try out for my school, it starts this summer actually. I only let the most talented students in so you should consider this quite an honor that I have decided to give you a shot," she said, handing me a card.

"If you make it in, I could give you quite a career in gymnastics," she said.

I pondered that for a moment. Was that really what I wanted to do with my life? I had never considered gymnastics a career option before, only ever acting.