The Storm

The forecast showed a 90 percent chance of snow storms on the way at the end of the day. Did we still go to school? Yes. Did we still have rehearsals? Yes. Did we leave them early to go home before the storm? No. Did we get snowed in? Yes. But let me go back to the beginning.

I woke up this morning feeling like it would be a bad day. How did I know? Because the forecast showed a 90 percent chance of storms and we were still going to school. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love school, but that doesn't mean I want to be stuck there for the night. I was hoping to talk to my mom about it but as usual she already left for work. So I got on my coat, packed extra snacks, extra books, gloves, a scarf, and some money, before heading out the door to the bus.

It was already flurrying when we got to school, a sure sign that a storm was coming, but we got notifications saying we still had rehearsals tonight. "Hey, stop worrying, we aren't going to get stuck in the school, that only happens in movies," Grant reassured me as we walked to our first class. I did not fell reassured but it made me feel just a bit better.

We walked into History and sat in our normal seats, waiting for the teacher. She was a very down to earth woman, with a sallow face and long hair, she was relatively pale. This description may sound like a mean teacher but she is just very passionate about teaching. When she walked into the room that morning with a smile though, I knew something was happening.

"Students, I have an announcement to make, we have a new student," she said excitedly and I wondered why. She hates new students.

"This girl can rival any of you in history," she muttered quietly and I nodded my head, figuring out why she was so happy.

"Everyone, meet Lily Smith," (A.N: Not her last name) she told us and a girl with blonde curly hair and bright blue eyes walked in, smiling nicely.

My eyes widened and I dropped my pencil, the wood clattering against the floor and echoing in the silence of the room.

All eyes turned to me, including the one's of my best friend and Lily. She smiled at me, it was almost a nice smile, but I could see the deceit and evil behind it clear as day.

"Sorry," I whispered and everyone went back to looking at my sister.

"Alright Lily, you'll sit in the back next to Grant," the teacher said and Lily looked over to us.

"Who's he?" she asked politely.

"Wearing the black pants and blue shirt," the teacher said.

She looked in our direction again and smirked a little bit, coming down and sitting on the other side of Grant. I frowned and tapped my pencil against my arm a couple times to get my brain back on task. I was here for class, I could worry about Lily later.

Unfortunately, that was incredibly hard, considering the fact that she was in all of my classes until lunch. I grabbed my lunch box and plopped down in my usual chair, banging my head against the table quietly.

"Woah, what did that table ever do to you?" I heard a teasing voice on my left.

"Not in the mood," I replied simply.

"Yeah I get that, it must be pretty crazy to have your sister in your school huh?" Grant asked me, sitting down.

"I don't get it! Just a few months ago she was in East High!" I groaned.

"Well, maybe she wanted to see you and apologize, she seemed super nice in class," Grant suggested and I groaned again, even louder this time.

"She's already pulled you into her trap, she's an actress, and a darn good one at that," I told him, finally bringing my head to rest on my lunchbox.