New York City

"Come on Kat! Your gonna miss the bus!" Lily called up to me.

I was in my room deciding what to wear, an unusual event for me. I was trying to decided between an ice blue or teal top. The ice blue one was more comfortable but the teal one looked better. I shook my head, this was an unusual day already.

"I'm coming," I shouted down to Lily, putting on the ice blue top and grabbing my suitcase. Lily and Grant slept over last night so we could talk more about New York and hang out.

Surprisingly, Grants mom is going out of town for the week and she wanted to get a sitter but since the trip came up she agreed, (less money on her part). Lily and Grant are literally the best couple ever!They never left me out, and they kept the lovey dovey stuff to a minimum.

I went down and greeted Lily and Grant, who were already in their shoes. Lily held mine out for me and I gave her a grateful smile. I was in my shoes and about to walk out the door when I tripped and fell into the door.

"Ooh, are you okay?" Grant asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine." I rubbed my head.

I was of course used to stuff like this happening to me. We heard the bus horn and we all raced out the door and got on. This was the beginning of our trip to NYC!!!! We found seats in the back of the bus, and since a lot of people couldn't come, we all got our own.

It definitely mattered because this was where we would be spending the 2 and a half days. We were going to take a plane, but the school didn't want to take that much more money out of the budget for a field trip, so we took the next best option... taking a bus.

I made sure I had a travel backpack with me, it had everything I would need to survive for 57 hours, which would be how long it would take to get there.

I sighed, this was going to be a long 2 days, but on the bright side, spring break is 10 days, so we will have 4 days in New York City, depending on when we get there and how many stops we take.

I rounded up to a total of 6 days traveling. I had books, my phone, my tablet, my headphones, cards, snacks, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next two days, a blanket, extra clothing, water bottle, and a packet of information about each state we are going through. I have never been outside of Utah and now I get to see Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York! The bus got moving and we began our journey!

Day 1:

Grant, Lily, and I talked for hours on end, playing truth or dare, answering questions from the internet, and taking our favorite movie quizzes, seeing who knows what best. In the end I was declared the Harry Potter nerd, Grant was the Anime master, and Lily was the High School Musical geek. We laughed and laughed about that.

We played cards for a little before Lily took a nap and Grant watched some TV, so I looked out the window. We were going through a pretty boring part of Nebraska so I took out my book and started reading. I got through a 300 page book and my packed dinner of mac and cheese before I yawned, It was about 10:00 at night. I sighed, went to the bathroom, got my pajamas on, and settled into a comfy position with my stuffed animals and my pillow, falling asleep to the rhythmic rocking and bumps of the bus, and the snores of all my other classmates.

Day 2:

I woke up to the bus at a stop, a couple kids were off, probably getting breakfast. I looked at my watch and it was almost 9:30. I heard the bus doors open and it started moving again. I sat up and looked at Lily's and Grants seats. My heart melted at this! At some point in the night they must have gotten into the same seat.

They were both still sleeping, with Grant's head on Lily's shoulder and one of his hands on her knee. Lily's head was on his head and their hands were intertwined. I almost couldn't stop myself from fangirling but I restrained myself knowing that I couldn't wake them up till I got a picture. I quietly took my phone out and snapped maybe a dozen pictures, all from different angles.