Start of Season 3: Happy Campers (Except 1 Kid)

Before I start, I want to know if you guys can read my Auditions chapter. I've been going into my chapters and doing a little re-reading to solidify my plot ideas, and Auditions just isn't showing up. Please, please, please let me know if you can or can't read it so I know if I need to do something. Thank you and enjoy the first chapter!!!

The honking of a horn could be heard throughout the neighborhood as EJ dutifully reminded us to hurry up.

"Come on everyone! Last one in is a rotten egg, and that's no yolk."

"EJ if you tell me one more dad joke, I swear I will pummel you with your rotten eggs, and THAT'S no yolk," I rolled my eyes as I put my duffel into the back of the car. (I had to make an arrangement to EJ'S car that wasn't there before.)

"Alright fine, but I just have one more thing to say," EJ smirked.

"Oh gods," I whispered to myself, sitting in the middle seat in the front of the car. (I've been in a car that has this, so don't think I'm making stuff up)

"What's orange and sounds like a parrot?" EJ grinned.

We all just looked at him, completely done with life.

"A carrot," he laughed.

I swear you could hear a cricket chirping in the back.

"Alright then, just for a head count who's not here," EJ said exasperatedly.

"Biggie had to work."

"Seb had to milk."

"Nina's with her moms."

"Grant is at a tech camp."

"Ricky is with...."

EJ honked his horn super loud. "We don't say her name," he grimaced.

I rolled my eyes again and glared at him. "That HER just so happens to be my sister," I growled.

"Alright I'm sorry, but the fact that Ricky ditched us, or more specifically you, to hang out with her gets on my nerves," EJ groaned.

Yeah. This summer has been one for the record books so far. EJ and I became super close over the month that summer had reigned. It was mostly because he, Gina, and I spent all our free time at Ashlyn's and he's pretty impossible not to like the moment you get to know him. Gina and I haven't crossed the line of good friends yet. 

Ricky, on the other hand, got super close with Lily and Grant, cause it turns out all three of them felt like I was kinda ditching them. It was all in good fun of course, but they became super close since I didn't have a lot of time with my gymnastics and Ricky didn't want me to come over to his house quite yet.

I wasn't worried when Ricky accepted the offer to go to Lily's jet-skiing in Jackson Hole, but it did bug me a little that the only time we had to spend with each other was gone now. I know that he was just trying to do what's best though, so that's why I'm totally not mad. Ok maybe I'm a little bit mad.

"We can't forget your girlfriend EJ," I joked, trying to get off the subject.

"We don't have to cause there she is right now," EJ smiled lovingly in her direction.

They were actually the perfect couple it was so sweet.

"Ok braids," Courtney shouted sweetly.

Gina laughed, closed her eyes, and then got into the car. I felt a bit bad since I was right in the middle of her and EJ, but I was the only one small enough to fit in the middle seat.

Of course, as all car trips go, there was a singing montage and suddenly we were there. It was really fun though because when we weren't singing we played two truths and a lie and 20 questions.