he forgets your birthday

The sound of your boyfriend humming as he moved around the bed woke you from your slumber.

You yawned as you opened your eyes then closed them again with a groan when the sunlight hit them.

Taehyung chuckled from beside you before leaning over to kiss your forehead. He watched you smile, his bright eyes meeting yours when you opened them to catch a glimpse of your sweet boyfriend.

"Good morning." He smiled as he brushed his fingers through your hair, tucking locks of it behind your ears as he gazed at you adoringly.

"Good morning."

You sat up and noticed that he was dressed. One of his shoes was on his feet, the other on the floor by his side of the bed.

"Going somewhere?"

"Yeah. Practice, again." He sighed and reached for his other shoe.

"Oh. I thought you were staying home today." You answered and he shook his head before looking back at you.

He saw the sadness in your eyes and the frown on your face.

He was confused as to why you seemed so disappointed by him having to go to practice today.

He knows that you know the group has so much to get done for everything coming up. You're always so understanding of that.

"Hey. What's wrong?" He asked as he cupped your cheek in his palm and brushed his thumbs along your cheek.

"Nothing." You said as you took his other hand in yours. "Do you think we can do something when you get home since you can't stay all day? You know I don't need anything huge, I just want to spend a little time with you."

He was confused. You could see it in his eyes and the way he was furrowing his brows.

"You don't need anything huge?"

"Yeah." You said before sending him a sad smile.

Looking down at your intertwined hands, you said,

"I can tell that you forgot my birthday."

He was taken aback by your words.

There was no way it was your birthday today.

Your birthday is one of the most important days to him.

He always devotes the day to you. No matter what's happening with the band that day, he's always making it special for you whether it be by taking you out for breakfast or spoiling you with your favorite dessert from your favorite place.

He always remembers that. He wouldn't ever forget it.... would he?

"Y/N," He tried to say, but you shook your head and kissed his cheek quickly.

"I understand. You've got a lot going on these days. Go to practice. I'll see you when you get home."

You seemed so understanding.

But he knows you like the back of his hand.

You were putting on a brave face for him because you love him more than anything and he's so busy that he's bound to forget certain things; even things like this.

You don't want him to be so disappointed in himself.

He was kicking himself, so upset with himself that he'd forgotten.

"I won't be back too late." He said as he thought up a plan, laying a sweet kiss on your lips. "I love you very much."

"I love you too. Good luck today."