when he sees your ex who treated you badly (requested)

"Come on, let's sit down here," Taehyung said as he held your hand in his free one, walking over to the booth in the ice cream shop with you.

He had you sit down first before he scooted in next to you, watching as you gazed out the window at the night sky and put a spoonful of ice cream in your mouth.

But you looked back at your boyfriend as he placed his hand on your thigh and when your eyes met, you saw the adoring gaze in his soft brown eyes before he kissed your cheek softly.

"Thank you for bringing me here, Tae." You said with a small smile before you put your head on his shoulder.

"I know it's after nine so it's a little late but I wanted to treat you to a sweet date." He said and you looked up at him. "Everything's been so busy and hectic and I needed some time with my girl and I know you needed it too."

"I do. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." He said before kissing you softly and then going back to eating his ice cream. "Tell me about your week. I want to hear all about it. The good, the bad, and all the in-between."

That caused your heart to flutter.

He cares so much and you can tell he genuinely wants to hear all about your week.

He planned on listening to every word and giving you his full attention, which means a lot considering you didn't exactly have the best week.

You told him everything and, just as he said, he listened to every word you spoke.

When he finished his ice cream, he took your hand into his and brushed his thumb across your knuckles while staring at you with the most beautiful eyes full of stars.

Even after you finished your ice cream, you still didn't leave the shop.

You stayed curled up in the booth, enjoying your time out together on the first date you've been able to go on together in a busy few weeks.

You just talked about anything and everything together, just as you always do.

But after a little while, he asked if you wanted to go home and cuddle until you fell asleep later, and you happily agreed.

You grabbed your cups and headed towards the garbage across the shop, tossing yours and Tae's into it before you held onto his hand again and started to head to the door.

But just as you made your way to it, Taehyung pulled you in for conversation and you got lost in laughing and grinning with him that when the door opened and a couple of people walked in, you almost bumped into them.

"Oh, sorry," You apologized and looked toward the person you nearly walked into, only to feel a rush of fear flood over you.

There he was.

Your ex-boyfriend.

The guy you spent a long and exhausting year with who left you scarred mentally and emotionally, leaving you full of self-doubt.

He caused you to question your own worth and make you wonder if you'd ever find someone that loved you and treated you well, which you eventually found after leaving him and getting with Taehyung.

He looked the same as he did back when you were together and, oh god, he still had the same wicked smile he did then.

"Y/N! How nice to see you here." He said as your heart started to pound against your chest. "I haven't seen you in so long. It's been about a year, right? Since you left me?"

He looked angry as the last four words left his lips.

You watched him clench his jaw and in a panic, you squeezed Taehyung's hand tightly.