your best friend passes away (requested)

The tears just wouldn't stop falling from your eyes.

Your heart was shattered and it aches unbearably as you cried from the immense sadness and suffering you were facing.

Your best friend passed away this morning, just a few hours ago, and you haven't been able to stop crying since.

You knew this day was going to come sooner or later.

She had been sick and though she fought it as hard as she could, she had grown tired and had let go.

But even though you knew it was going to happen sooner or later, it didn't make it any easier or less painful.

Taehyung was the only thing keeping you safe right now.

He was holding you in his arms and kept you as close as he could as you sobbed.

He didn't have the words to say to make you feel better but you didn't need him to.

You just needed him here with you, to hold and comfort you.

He brushed his fingers across your arms comfortingly and softly kissed your forehead as he tried to stay strong.

He had grown close to your best friend too.

Early on in your relationship, she quickly became one of his best friends too.

They got along well and had one huge thing in common - they both loved you more than anything else in the world and they bonded over that.

He was feeling the emptiness of her loss as well but it didn't compare to you, since you had grown up with her and had experienced everything in life together.

The ups, the downs, and all the in-betweens.

You had dreams of her being your bridesmaid at your future wedding with Taehyung, who often talked to her about proposing to you and spending your lives together.

You had dreams of her being the godmother to your future children, living out your dreams together, and doing all of those things you always spoke and dreamt about such as traveling the world and experiencing new adventures together.

You had thought that you'd still be best friends even when your hair was grey and you could barely stand on your feet.

But life is cruel and it robbed you of all of those things with her and it was unfair and crushing.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked.

"No." You sniffled. "Not at all."

He kissed your head lovingly and blinked away the tears in his eyes.

"It's just so unfair. She was so young and she had so many hopes and dreams and now, she can never do them. It's just not fair."

"I know." He whispered. "Life is anything but fair. The good ones always go too soon."

You nodded in agreement.

"But I'm sure she's not too far away, even now. I'm sure she's watching over you."

You looked into his eyes as he brushed his fingers across your arm softly.

"She might be gone but she's never far away from you."

"You think so?"

"Baby, you were her favorite person in the whole world. She loved you so much. I know she's watching over you. And she's always safe right there in your heart."

You closed your eyes as his lips brushed softly against your cheek, lingering momentarily.

"All of those things she wanted to do, you can do them for her. You can visit all of those places and eat all those foods and she'll be right there with you every step of the way."

You smiled a little as you took his hand into yours.

"I'm just thankful she's not suffering anymore."

"Yeah, me too. She's in a much better place. One where she can never hurt and one where she's happy."

You nodded in agreement.

"It feels like it'll never get better, I know that. But it will. You'll find her in the little things and every adventure you embark on and everything that happens, she'll be right there watching you and smiling proudly."

"I hope you're right."

"I am, baby. I wouldn't tell you that if it was untrue." He said as he stared into your teary eyes. "It's going to hurt for a while and that's okay. Just know that I'll be here to hold you."

You snuggled a little closer to him and let more tears fall from your eyes, finding comfort in him and his words.

You just hoped you could make her proud with the life you live and the memories you make.

You'll think of her every day of your life and you hope that Taehyung was right; that she'd be safe in your heart forever and she'd watch you proudly, always.