99 Problems

- Season 1, Episode 2: 99 Problems -
...

"Nice grab." Jordan complements the boy for making an good catch.

Jocelyn sat on Layla's blanket with Olivia as she watched the two chat.

"Man, we don't practice like this in Crenshaw, I'll tell you." Spencer mutters as he hand Jordan the ball.

"Well, we like a good re-gen day, you know, team bonding." Jordan said.

"You sure about that?" Spencer quieted as he opened his mouth to continue. "We got Hawothrone this week and let me tell you, those dogs bite."

"Come on, trust me. Hawthorne won't know what hit 'em this week."

"Ain't that right, J.J?" He shouted to J.J who was entertaining some girls.

"Oh, you know that's right." J.J shouted back.

Jordan smiled at J.J's reply as they continued to practice a few throws.

"Hey, I'ma catch you later." Spencer uttered as he handed the ball back to Jordan.

He made his way to Jocelyn's blanket. Spencer grunted. "So.. this is what rich kids do on a PM on a Tuesday?"

"Hey, it's not all fun and games. We get work done, too." Layla laughed as she continued to write in her journal.

"Look, the student council's here. We're prepping for the big football booster party this week, and this year, the pressure's on because everybody is coming to meet our new star player." Jocelyn butted as Spencer gave her an surprised look.

"That's you, in case you were wondering." Jocelyn encourages.

"What's up, Ash?" Jordan asked as he stood beside him.

"You know what's up. Guy's hitting on my girl left and right, knocked me out of the game last week. That boy needs to go." Asher answered as he looked at the Layla and Spencer laughing with each other.

Jordan rolled his eyes. "Seriously? We gave Chatsworth the tip on his transfer permit to get him kicked out, ok? We tried."

"You tried." Asher corrected him.

"Exactly. And look how that turned out. Homeboy's living in my house now."

"Face it, Ash. He's here to stay." Jordan scoffed before walking off.

"Hey, you're not leaving, are you?" Layla asked as she looked up to see Spencer gathering his things.

"It's getting late."

"It's just getting started. Beers, a bonfire, s'mores. J.J got his guitar out." Layla implored as she listened to J.J's tuning guitar.

"Sandcastles and John Mayer sing-alongs." Spencer laughed.

"Ok." Layla giggled.

"It sounds tempting, but, uh, I got business to take care of."

"Business? Very mysterious, Spencer James."