Never No More

- Season two, Episode 3: Never No More -
......

Jocelyn and Olivia sat on the two stools of Rescue Smoothies. Being back in Beverly made Jocelyn feel excited.

"Wait, so Jordan stopped practice?" The two both asked, shocked a bit.

Spencer wiped down the brown colored counter. "Yep. The vibe between him and your pops on that field right now is bananas."

Obviously, Spencer was still pissed about the whole date thing with Jocelyn and Darnell. Now with him being the new quarterback in Crenshaw, it's just been getting harder and harder for him everyday.

"Obviously, Coach Baker going easy on him out of guilt. And Jordan's testing the boundaries, seeing how much he can get away with." He put the clean rag back on the hanger where the rest of the towels went.

"The more he allows Jordan to question his authority, the more everybody else gonna do the same." Jocelyn stated, trying to help the situation.

"Yeah and our team is good as done."

Olivia and Jocelyn both had frowned. They were Jordan and Spencer's biggest fan but also, they was an big fan of the Beverly Eagles.

"Yet another reason pushing you towards choosing South Crenshaw." Olivia continued to frown.

"I ain't exactly feelin' them, either." He shurgged. His dad offered him to play for him in the fall, but Spencer haven't decided yet which was another reason why all this was so hard for him.

"Oh, yeah, 'cause of Darnell?" Jocelyn had gulped. Since the date, Spencer hated if anyone would bring up the name 'Darnell'.

Jocelyn cleared her throat and tried to change the subject, "Are you ready to talk to your dad yet?"

Apparently, Spencer went on with the subject. "And say what?"

Jocelyn knew the struggle and knew everything he was going through.

Sadness started to cloud Olivia's features as she sighed. "I'm sorry. I just I know the whole 'Darnell' thing sucks."

"Look, 7 years raising another man's child is a long time." He told the girls. Spencer phone chimed and vibrated.

"What is it?" Olivia ask, leaning over a bit to see who it was which made Jocelyn do the same.

"It's Chris. His doctor cleared him to run again. Barring any setbacks, he should be good for the season opener this fall." He read the message out loud to them which made Jocelyn smile.

She had met Chris awhile ago. Not to mention, they both had a tiny crush on each other.

"I mean, that's amazing. Good for him." Olivia said a bit normal but low. Chris and Liv broke up awhile ago. Neither Jocelyn or Spencer knew why.

"And before you say anything, him breaking up with you had nothing to do with his progress, a'ight?" It was the truth. Chris' progress didn't have anything to do with their breakup. Now, that's a story to tell for another day.

"Wait. But with Darnell on the team, will Chris even have a QB1 spot to go back to?"

"Let me worry about that." He then went back to working. Both girls were worried even though both boys are great quarterbacks.