Stakes Is High

*SEASON TWO, EPISODE FIFTEEN: STAKES IS HIGH*

WARNING : Long chapter!

"All right, y'all. Round up." Billy announced as the players did what they was told. The players gathered up around each other. "Round up right quick."

Once the players gathered around and waited, Billy cleared his throat. "Okay. I'm really proud of y'all." Most of the players smiled in happiness because they have, actually. They'd been playing well and Coach Baker loved to see that. "If y'all play this weekend the way you've been practicing, I have no doubt we're gonna win this jamboree and bring home another championship."

"That's right. Yes, sir." A player hesitated. The rest of them were all waiting for whatever Coach Baker was gonna say because to be honest, it sounded urgent. Coach Baker usually tells his team to huddle up unless he has a speech or something. "Yes, sir. All right."

"Unfortunately, you'll have to do that without me." He added. Majority of the players frowned and rolled their eyes. "I have been suspended."

Billy had mainly been suspended because of Asher. Asher was taking steroids and he got consequences for it. Everyone was too caught up in their own world, including Olivia, and he decided to take steroids which Billy took the blame of.

Asher's eyes widened at the words Coach Baker was saying. He didn't know that his coach who were taking the blame for his actions was gonna get suspended from being a coach.

"It's temporary, but until things get resolved, you're gonna be in really good hands." He expressed before side eying Asher. "Coach Davis." He pointed to the man beside him.

Jordan rolled his eyes. That reason was because Coach Davis was really harsh on him. "What happened?"

"There's been a personal matter between me and the administration, but I need you to stay focused, so get your behinds out there on that field."

"It's your last practice. Make it count." He warned. "Come on. Heads up."

The players nodded at Coach Baker's statement and made their way out to the field with Coach Davis following behind him. In the locker room, Asher was the only one left.

"I can't let you take the blame, coach." The younger mimicked. "I'm gonna tell principle London that the steroids were mines."

Coach Baker sat his pen on his desk. "No, you will not. Look." He trailed off. "I made a decision, and I expect you to respect it."

"You don't deserve to have your future ruined by this." He finally said. "I'll be back before you know it."

"And you do?" He exclaimed. Asher realized how much Billy loved football and being a football coach, so he did everything to make him change his mind. "I'm so sorry, Coach. I never meant for..." He cut hisself off. "I just wanted to be better."

"I know. I want that for you, too, to be better by getting your mind and your body right again." He went on. "It took me almost losing Olivia to realize how much pressure y'all put yourselves under, and I know recovery is hard work, so just promise me you'll keep it up."

"I'm trying, Sir." Asher nodded, head hanging low while dismissing himself. He was not proud of the actions he made and what made it worser, is that his Coach is taking the blame.

He headed to his car and decided he was gonna try and meet up with Olivia. He already doubted that she was either gonna be with Jocelyn or busy.

TIME SKIP

"You going to the jamboree?" Liv questioned as spun around in the chair that was settled up in a corner in the living room.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?" She responded. "I mean, we do get to wear pajamas and I like wearing pajamas."