18. one step ahead

Tara:

A few days later....

Today is the day Vicky left me alone. He broke his all promises. He was unable to give me his surprise that's proposing me for marriage which I knew by hook or crook. Aman left early in the morning . He said said his sister was sick. I left home to reach my destination.

Its a lake side view near a village where we use to spent time. I don't know whether I will come back to this place again . I want to move on with Aman so I guess this is the first step to let go of Vicky.

     I sat on a rock that's near the lake , which was our favorite place.

     " Hey Vicky,  hope you are fine up in there. You know I miss you a lot. Last few years I tried a lot to move on but I  never had the courage to do that" I wiped the tears falling from my eyes.

" But now you see , after Aman came into my life everything is changing.  You know being with him is making me happy for the first time in the past four years. I guess I will be able to move on with Aman by my side"

" Finally after all these years I'm letting you go Vicky.  I don't whether I will come to this place but don't worry I will make sure to keep you updated about everything in my life " i smiled wiping the tears which were falling continuously.

Finally I am able to do the thing I wished for a long time. I cried and smiled on all those memories we spent here. I started walking away from my favorite place leaving all those memories behind to take one step ahead in my life.

  When I reached home it was nearly evening.  My eyes were red and swollen.  Aman was sitting on the sofa reading something very seriously.  I sat near him and placed my head on his should. His body relaxed on my touch. He wrapped his hands around my shoulder pulling me more into him. I wanted him to know about me .

     " Four years back he died today breaking all his promises.  I saw him dying infront of my eyes but I was unable to do anything.  I was unable to forgive myself for not saving him.  He died because of my silliness. Maybe I would have behaved more matured he would have been still alive"

   " he will be really happy to see you happy " Aman consoled me moving his hands along my hands.

      I sniffed and took Vicky's picture from my purse and showed him.

    " This is Vicky " I smiled at the picture wiping my tears . Aman stiffened beside me . I sensed it so I looked at him

" what happened " I nudged him

  " nah nothing just ... its just ... I'm just surprised since you opened up to me ..thats it " he said thinking.

   " That's because I had let him go and decided to start a new life with my husband "  I hugged him closed and cried silently . My tears were soaking his shirt nevertheless he said anything...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

" You know what you are so stupid to plan such kind of prank on me " Vicky said to a pouting Tara while driving.

   " It was Adi's idea " Tara said crossing her arms pouting more

  Vicky pulled her pouting lips playfully " I know that she is stupid why can't you atleast use your brain"

   " yeah yeah stupidity in your blood . I hope in future my child won't be this stupid "

Vicky fake gasped and said  " how come you say that Tara since it will be my child I'm damn sure he will be much more stupid like us "

" stupid " Tara said irritatedly . Vicky was laughing at her hysterically and Tara showed him her tounge and laughed along with him . In the blink of second their car was crashed . Both of them were bleeding heavily inside the car .

Tara' s whole body was paralyzed. She was unable to move . She could see the love of her life dying infront of her. But she was helpless. Tears were falling from her eyes she was loosing her consciousness little by little.  Vicky's eyelids were drooping. He held his hand out and wiped the tears from her eyes

" I love you  babe from heaven to earth " he said smiling at her. Even  though he know he is dying and he is breaking every promises he made to her. He want to etch his last picture in her mind was his smiling face.

Tears were falling from his eyes thinking he was unable to fulfill his promise of giving her a happy family. Thinking  that she won't know that he has planned to propose her for marriage,  he wasn't able to give her ,her dream wedding.  He was sorry for leaving her in between everything. 

She saw his eye lids closing and then her eye lid closed along with his.......