1 ~ birthday party

"Happy birthday honey," my mother said as I started to wake up for school. "I can't believe I am going to be driving," I said in excitement.

Freshmen year seemed to be perfect. I was doing well in most my classes, I made the cheer squad, and a lot of boys seemed to be interested in me. I felt happier and healthier than I could ever be and then Alan stepped into my life.

I walked into my last period of the day, English, and we got to pick our new seats. "Hey Alan, sit with me," After all, he does help me with Algebra homework every night. Without Alan, I would totally fail. "Yeah, I guess," he quickly responded. We make small talk and I realize how grateful I am to have Alan as a close friend.

A COUPLE NIGHTS LATER
"Charlotte, you need to start journaling more," my mom snapped at me. Rolling my eyes, I picked up my journal and decided to start writing down my feelings. "There's this boy.." I write. "Alan has always been my guy best friend, but I think we could be something more than that." I close my journal and toss it down knowing we are better as friends.

My parents rented our local skating rink for my 15th birthday party. I am going to have a huge party. As everyone starts showing up, I see the boy come in that I currently am interested in. I figured he was for me to, but I know I am wrong. More and more people are arriving and I have not seen Alan walk in. I ask some of the football boys where he could be and they have no idea. Finally, I see a tall, brown curly haired boy walk in the room of people slouching. Alan goes over to gets his skates and sits on a bench near the back of the room. I quickly skate over to him in my new purple and white skates I got as a birthday present. "Hi Alan, I am glad you could make it," I said sitting closely to him. He starts talking back to me, but everything goes in a blur when I see Paul, the boy I have an ongoing "thing" with look over at me. I knew he was jealous by the look he gave me. I keep nodding and smiling at Alan acting like I am engaged in our conversation. We make small talk, and finally go over to skate. I did not hang out with him much this whole party, but I did get my mother to take a picture of us. He wrapped his hand around my upper back tightly. I love his sweet blue eyes and his bright smile.
461 words