2~haunted forest

Grace, my child hood best friend invited me to come with her and her boyfriend to a haunted house. "Bring a boy from the football team!" DJ said over the phone. "Like who?" I ask nervously. "Oh, like William. He is my favorite freshie," he quickly said. "I do not know I will have to think about it. What about Alan?" "Yeah he is alright I guess." I hang up the phone after chatting for a while. I text Alan and ask if he would like to come with us. "I'm down," he snaps me. I get up and do a little happy dance of joy.

DJ came to pick me up at around 9 PM. I really hoped Alan does not see this as a double date. I got into the car and acted natural as I am the last one being picked up. I won't lie on the way there, I was pretty nervous to go through this haunted forest. Grace on the other hand, is absolutely terrified. We got out of the car and I automatically see my ex boyfriend, Jack that cheated on me months ago. I strutted up to him and hit his head. "Cant even look up at me," I said as this is the first time we have seen each other since our ruff break up. He continues to tie his shoe and is at a loss of words.

We waited for hours and hours for our turn to go through the dark, haunted forest. It was October and it was freezing cold outside. I started shaking and Alan held me tight. I rested my head on his shoulder standing up. We all decided we should sit in the car. DJ and Grace see a friend and leave Alan and I in the car alone. I scooted over to his side and laid my head on his chest and he put his hand on my thigh. I feel a sense of comfort. After about fifteen minutes we headed back outside. Grace heard the chainsaws and started screaming and crying into DJ's arms. I roll my eyes a bit and know she is over exaggerating. As we walked back to DJ's car, she starts balling her eyes out even more. DJ decided we should leave as the line is taking too long anyways. It was midnight and we went to get Waffle House.
"Can I have a waffle?" Alan asked casually. We all start laughing hardly and he joins along with us. Even the waiter starts chuckling. I really was not feeling hungry at this late of night to even get anything but a drink.
We walked back to the car and I am already feeling sleepy. I sit in the middle of the car beside Alan and rested my head on his chest. I quickly fall asleep and this is where he fell in love with me.
485 words