Chapter Sixteen

Sophie sighed as she walked back from another day of training.

Tomorrow they are leaving. Alden had gone over the plan of where they would go on a map he had. He also included what they should bring, what to in case of emergencies and what everyone would be doing once they were out there.

Sophie pulled out her To-Do list, going over it one more time.

Get all clear from ElwinGo over plan alonePrepare for tomorrow Figure out a way to get around the bridge

Sophie opened her door walking in and immediately heading for the shower. She peeled off the sweaty, black clothes, took out her ponytail and hopped in.

She washed herself quickly, not wanting to take too long. She had things to do today.

Drying off, she changed into a random red T-shirt and shorts.

She started to brush out her hair just as someone knocked on her door.

"Come in!"

Keefe walked though the door with a smile she rarely saw nowadays.

"Why are you so happy?" She asked as she set down the brush and turned to him.

"Because you get your bandages off today!"

"Don't get your hopes up, we don't know that. Although I would be happy if we don't have to do anymore icing and exercising, no offense."

Keefe snorted in agreement then took my hand and led me to the halls, practically running.

"Slow down Keefe! What's the rush?"

He didn't slow down until we made it to Elwin's office, which Keefe pulled her into.

"Sophie, Keefe, nice to see you. I assume you're here for what's hopefully you're last check up on the bandages?"

Sophie nodded and Elwin laid her down on the cot. She was sure she would never get used to the feeling of him and Keefe doing this.

Elwin cut the bandages the observed the cut that had reduced to a thin, red line.

"We'll you look all good to me. Just try to be careful and don't do anything crazy.

"Yes!" Sophie jumped up and high-fived Keefe who was grinning.

They were walking back together when Sophie realized what this meant.

If she was all clear, that meant that they would actually be leaving tomorrow morning.

They arrived back at Sophie's room where Keefe left and she shut her door.

Okay, just go over the plan to be sure.

Alden's plan was for her to lead everyone to her old school and check out any neighborhoods near by. Then, she would take them where she lived so they could get any research her dad had in the basement. After that, she would take them to the grocery store to get more food supplies. Finally, they would go back.

The trip was supposed to take a week tops.

They should only need to cross over the bridge twice, once going to the grocery store, once coming back.

So she only need a different way to cross over and then everything else was fine.

Sophie began to pack he bag for the trip while she thought.

Alden told everyone to bring the necessaries and leave room for food. She also made the suggestion to pack small, soft things to quite the noise their bags might make.