Back To Old Memories...

9:30 pm

As always I was scrolling through the news feeds of the Facebook. After a while I got bored of it and thought of replying to few of my friends texts. As I was replying a chat head popped from account named Ishant Naik.

Hey...hw r u?”
“I am gud wbu?” I replied
“Gr8...so wat r u dong? which clg?”
“Vidya Prabodhini...wbu?”
“Dhempo…”
“Ohh… So, u r in contact wid people’s high school friends?”
He replied “yes... dy hv made watapp group. tell Natasha to add u”
“Hmm…k…r u der in dt group?”
“Yes…”
“Den add me also...”
“I can, tell Natasha... she has created dat group and she is admin…
“Thanx😊 Bdw... do u want my num?” I asked him.
“Mmmm...if u r giving den yes...😊”

I sent him the number with smiley and was waiting for his message on WhatsApp. Within few minutes messaged popped on my WhatsApp. I saved his number and began chatting. We were chatting for more than an hour, refreshing the old memories about the school life.

I was recently transferred in new school when I was in eighth class. The reasons being; People’s high school was close to my house and my parents thought that going in People’s High School will help me to improve my English speaking and vocabulary.  

As I entered the class, I saw all the new faces staring at me. I was quite and felt out of place as I did not recognize any of them. As being new I did the most obvious thing, I sat alone on first bench. Everyone was staring at me and I was well aware about the questions that were going around in minds of my class mates. ‘Who’s the new girl?’ and ‘Where is she from?’

As the days passed, I opened up with an ice breaker sessions and along the way made new friends and my journey in the new school with new friends began.
In school, we were made to sit according to our allotted roll numbers. Me and Ishant had been allotted roll numbers one after the other so was the order of our sitting. We were the trouble makers of our class and we had the some reputation with our teachers. I was always the quite one in class mostly that came with not being the brightest among the bunch I felt shy. I had a small circle of friends with whom I used to open up well. Samiksha, Pooja and Manisha helped me a lot with my studies and that is how we became friends. On the other side I was scared to talk with boys as I knew my parents didn’t like me talking much to boys. That was just kind of restriction I had, but I had become good friends with Ishant, Shivam and Mahesh.

School was a lot fun. With my friends I played many outdoor games at playground as well in classroom. When teacher didn’t come to class, we used to loiter outside the class stand in the corridor. If we saw any of our teachers or the Headmistress heading in general direction of our class, we scrambled running and butting into each other. We just had to race to class before the teacher entered.

While basking in the warmth of these refreshed memories I did not even realize when I went to sleep but next day when I got up, I was late.

I told my father to drop me near bus stand so that I can take direct bus. But unfortunately, there were no direct buses and I had no option other than taking local bus and go to college.

As I entered the bus, the bus was almost empty. I was looking out for window sit and got one. I took out my cell phone and stared scrolling the news feed of the Facebook. A notification popped on my screen ‘You are added in people’s group’ I minimized Facebook app and switched to WhatsApp.

OH! my classmates’ friend,” I murmured myself smiling and the next thought of checking who are there in these group.
“Who is there in this group let’s see...ohh shit ... Mahesh is in this group...I’ll not reply him, but what if he messages me than? Drishti...don’t you dare to flirt with him...God just remembered everyone tease me in his name for no reason. ha-ha...God!!! That was funny. who is this one? Rahul! he is also there. He is going to get on my nerves... not again...I remember the way he was asking silly questions and irritating me... well he enjoyed that. Hmmm... almost everyone is this group... looks like I have got connected once again with my classmates...”

While talking in my mind and saving my classmates phone numbers, conductor whistled the driver to leave. 

                             *********
Hey friends...
Thank you for reading
Next update will be soon🤗
Happyreading💙