Build up...

It was warm cozy morning and You can say I have not even completed my beauty sleep. It was a Monday morning and I was just getting comfortable in bed sinking in deeper and deeper in it not wanting to get out of it. Suddenly my mother came up to my bed and shook me out of it. I was half asleep, eyes didn't even fully open like a newly born kitten except for the cute part.

As my mother took the bed sheet she told me to look at the reality of the situation and that I was almost late for college. Naira had already finished up with her breakfast and was ready to leave. Seeing that, I sprinted off my bed into the bathroom and freshened up as fast as humanly possible. I stuffed my mouth with my breakfast and gulped it down with my morning tea and got out to go to college.

8.00 am, B.Ed College.

Just had our usual assembly and prayer and the first lecture Life skill. The subject was very easy so didn't feel like paying any attention to what was going on in class. Mind was set on completing the lost sleep. "A powernap" I thought, but remembered how easily I drift off I avoided. But now it was the question of mind over matter. Would I be able to win over the exhausted and bored mind that was the question.

"Ohh god this lecture is sooo...boring!!! lets see the time... fuck! Ohh god this explanation feels like lullaby..."

Time passes really slowly when mind is bored... what felt like an eternity was nothing but 30 minutes or reality and still more 30 to go. I was fully aware about the consequences of falling asleep in class.

"Close your eyes go to sleep... no! No! No! Don't.... drink water Drishti ...you know right what happened last class when Raya was sleeping?... do you want to come Infront of the class and explain? Control Drishrti don't sleep."

I stated to drift off but quickly coming back but gain drifting off. And in this bettle between my mind and body.... Sleep won. And I dozed off. Don't remember what happed after that but loud band in my ears woke me up. Thought something exploded turned out it was just my professor calling me out. I was wide awake now, but little too late.

"You were sleeping?"

"No sir I was looking down."

Sir was starring me down as if I was a convict. I gulped down, ready for question which soon would follow further proving that beyond doubt to everyone that I was sleeping. I readied myself but just then attendant entered the class and handed over the piece of paper to the professor, and told him that Principal has asked for his presence. Before he left he read the notice out loud.

Notice was about mock parliament which was to be held at Goa Assembly Hall, one who are interested taking part in this completion are to give their names to their class representative and two days after that were the selections.

I felt so relax when sir went out. my mind said," oooo...saved by the bell (piece of paer rather)". Soon as the professor left everyone of my friends started laughing at me and I joined in with them on laughing at myself, just all in good times.

Next day
I was excited and nervous to give audition Infront of class with other students for intercollegiate competition. All students had got message from the college council group that our selection was supposed to be done by our Vishnu Natekar sir and Kavish Bhatekar sir. They were our performing arts professors and other was fine arts professor.

I had participated in many interclass competitions but never took part for intercollege competition. So, it was my first time that I was supposed to take part for inter college competition. Though I participated many time I never received any prizes. I took part in competition not for winning prize but for the fun of it. But besides this reason I wanted to enjoy with my friends and have fun with them.

As I entered the class I saw the students were already present. Some of them were familiar faces rest were from B.Com who I had never seen. Majority of them were seniors from B.com. Amidst all them I saw my classmates Trupti Sapna and Santoshi sitting together last bench. I felt relax when I saw my classmates and walked straight towards and sat next to them. As we started to chat, both professors entered in our class and without wasting time they told some rules and criteria of the selections.

Rule one: Particular word will be given to each candidate and they must deliver a speech on the sport.

Rule Two: The performance will be done every individual person.

Rule Three: No using cell phone while giving audition.

And lastly once you present your audition, we must leave class as the list of selected students will be put on notice board.

We engrossed ourselves in the chat as we waited for our turn. Though we got bored we started looking at the competition basically people watching, to entertain ourselves during the audition. We were talking, laughing and giggling softly and finally, our turned came to give our audition.

*****

Thank you For reading...
Next part will be updating soon ☺