Chapter 1

"Dammit, Nick!"

I shut my laptop as I cursed Nick Fury for blocking that file. I was trying to get any information on my mother, Elizabeth Braddock, where she was, who she is, her background info, but it just so happens that the file is classified. Even I couldn't hack it. And I'm a great haker, I could hack NASA if I wanted to (which I probably won't, considering I hate jail. Long story.)

I grabbed my cell phone and started playing Flappy Bird. Thomas got me obssessed. I just couldn't get past my record, 69. I tapped my screen, hoping this retarded bird won't fall again. But of course, once I got to 68, the bird hit it's head.

I growled. "Stupid bird!"

"Remind me why I'm being called stupid and a bird?"

I jumped back, startled. Thomas was at my doorframe. I hadn't even noticed him open the door.

"Oh, sorry." I turned off my cell phone. "I was just playing flappy bird."

Thomas chuckled. "You're always playing flappy bird."

"Hey!" I protested. "It's your fault you got me obsessed."

"All I said was, 'Hey, ever heard of flappy bird?'" He defended.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"If you keep rolling your eyes," said Thomas. "they'll fall out of your eye sockets, you know."

"If you keep telling me that, you'll have no eyes to roll."

Thomas sat on top of my desk. "You can be scary sometimes."

I shrug. "I try."

Thomas smiles and I can't help but stare. Ever since Natasha and I had a talk about 'relationships' back three months ago, I couldn't think of Thomas just as a friend anymore. His smile and laugh all of a sudden seemed different, but a good kind of different. I mean, he was always cute, but he was becoming attractive now.

"Hello, earth to Savannah." Thomas waved a hand in front of me.

I shook my head and flushed lightly, hoping he didn't see. "Sorry, I was just thinking of . . . my mother."

It was the first thing that came to me. Three months ago, after the battle with the extra terrestrials the Skrulls, Bruce told me that I had mutant parents. The Wolverine, and Psylocke. And having mutant parents, makes me a mutant too. Bruce said the abilities I have are healing and telekinesis. He said I healed from my injuries as quick as Wolverine. Because of my telekinesis, I killed the Skrulls' leader. I had no idea what was going on when he crumpled to the ground, but supposedly I had stopped his heart with my mind, and it was true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of it. Bruce even said I could have more abilities, which I'm hoping isn't true.

Even though that was back three months ago, I still have nightmares of Kl'rt crumpling to the floor, his heart stopped and dead. It haunts me. I'm not a bad guy, I didn't even know what was going on. Bruce had said that it was an accident, because I didn't know how to control my telekinesis, let alone know I had it.

"I know."

I looked up at Thomas, forgetting he was here for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Savannah." He said with an apologetic look.

"For what?"

"For everything." He sat down next to me. "I know this is hard for you. And I know you you don't want this. I was scared when I found out, too."

"I don't want mutant parents." I said looking down at my hands. "I don't want to be a mutant. I don't want to. I want to be normal. Have normal parents, a normal life."