Chapter 11

The professor made me go to the nurse, even though I told him that I was fine. He ignored me. Kitty and Anna came with me, the rest of the X-Men vanished from sight. I didn't know where my father went, but I hope he went somewhere where he can think about what just happened.

The nurse told me to lay down on the bed. She tried to help me, but I looked at her and said, "I can do it myself."

I didn't mean it to come out like I was upset with her, but she looked at me like it did come out like that. I muttered a sorry and laid down on the bed.

"Lift up your shirt." She ordered and I did what she said.

She examined my stomach, and I couldn't tell what she was thinking. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked at me. "There is blood on your stomach, so that means there was a wound."

"But there isn't a wound there now. Can I leave now?" I didn't wait for an answer. I sat up and was about to get off the bed when the nurse pushed me back down. I groaned.

"I'm fine. Really." I told her honestly.

"Yeah, she has healing powers. Just like Logan." Kitty said.

The nurse looked at her. "What're you saying?"

"She's sayin' that Logan is Savannah's father." Anna said, not letting Kitty talk.

The nurse raised an eyebrow. "Oh, okay. Then you're fine."

I gave her a look. "Yeah, I told you that."

"I didn't know Logan is your father!" She defended. "I thought you were just one of those kids who lie just so they can leave."

"I'm nineteen."

The nurse rolled her eyes. "Well, let me clean you up, and then you can leave."

* * *

After the nurse cleaned me up, I left and told the girls that I want to be alone. They looked hesitant, but they nodded and walked away. I sighed and walked towards my room. I opened my door and walked in.

I jumped on my bed, facing the ceiling. I went over everything that happened. I couldn't help but recall Logan's face after he stabbed me. He looked . . . worried. Unless that was my mind playing tricks on me.

I heard a buzz on my nightstand. I got up and grabbed my phone. I looked at the ID and smiled. I picked up and put my phone to my ear. "Hey, Tom."

"What the hell, Savannah?!" He exclaimed.

"What?"

"You left without saying anything to me!"

"I told Tony to tell you why I left. You were on the Helicarrier when I left, and I needed to leave as soon as possible." I told him, once again feeling guilty.

He sighed. "You could've called me."

"I'm sorry." I looked down at my lap.

"When are you coming back?" Thomas asked me, sounding worried.

"I honestly don't know." I admitted. "As soon as I can, I promise."

"Come back soon, okay?"

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "I promise."

There was a knock on my door. I sighed. "I have to go, I'll talk to you later." I told Thomas.

"Okay. I miss you, Savannah." He said.

I smiled a little. "I miss you too. Bye, Tom."

"Bye."