Chapter 6

I watched as the others left the room, - reluctantly, I might add; they know Nick and I have been having problems - leaving me with Nick Fury. I turned to him, crossing my arms and avoiding his eye. We stood in silence for a few moments before he broke it.

"Look, Savannah," he began, "I'm sorry, all right? I-"

"I don't want your pathetic apologizes, Fury." It was the first time I used his last name instead of his first. I couldn't see him, but I bet he was taken aback. "It's too late for the 'I'm sorry' card."

"I know you're mad-"

"No, Nick." I said, still avoiding his eye. "The first time you lied to me, I wasn't mad. No, I was disappointed. But now, after the second time you lied to me, now I'm furious." I paused. "That wasn't . . . a joke, by the way."

"I'm s-" He cut himself off, knowing I didn't want his apologies, then sighed. "I can tell you about your parents."

I shrugged. "I already know what I need to know. Professor X told me."

"What?"

I finally looked up at him, and he looked, well, furious.

"I said, Prof-"

"I heard what you said." He snapped. "Why-What-How did he tell you?"

"That's none of your business." I snapped back and gripped my crossed arms. "Even if he didn't tell me, it's not like you telling me would make a difference. I'd still be angry at you."

The silence irked me and I sighed. "Well, if you don't have anything else to say, I'm gonna go."

I turned but, Nick grabbed my arm and turned me so I faced him. I yanked my arm from his grip and gave him a glare.

"I know you don't want it, but I am really sorry." He said. "I-I didn't want to hurt you, you may not believe me, but I was trying to protect you from the truth."

"The truth?" I hissed at him. "You knew, Nick. You knew who my parents were, you knew I was adopted, you knew I was a mutant. And you kept that from me. I trusted you. I trusted you with my life, Nick. And what did you do? You lied to me. Keeping a secret as small as a secret crush is one thing, but this. This is a whole lot bigger than a crush, Nick. This secret was my life story. And not only did you keep it from me, but you kept it from me for four months. And who knows how long you knew before I decided to join you."

He kept quiet, not saying anything. I just had one last thing to say to him.

"And there's no way in hell I am trusting you again."

With that, I left the living room, leaving him to feel guilty.

* * *

"How'd it go?" Bruce asked me once I walked into his lab.

I shrugged and sat down on the nearest chair. "He tried to apologize, and I told him off."

"Hold up," said Tony, putting a 'time out' sign, "Nick apologized?"

I nodded.

Tony looked shocked. "He never apologized to me before." He put a hand to his heart. "For once in my life, I don't feel special."

We all rolled our eyes.

"Savannah," said Steve seriously, "why didn't you accept his apology and forgive him?"

"'Cause, he lied to me twice and kept a secret as big as the Hulk from me for four months. How could I forgive him for something like that?"

"Why did you have to bring me into this?" Bruce asked.