Chapter 7

Today is Tony's birthday. He's turning 40 something. Don't judge me, it's not like I keep track of how many years he has lived.

I'm kind of nervous because I'm not sure he'd like my gift. I don't know what the others got him, but I'm sure it's better than my gift.

Everyone from the Avengers to the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were invited; even Nick. I just hope he doesn't come. If he does, then I will just keep my distance.

Some other hundred people whom I don't know were invited too. I'm pretty sure Tony doesn't even know their names. He's just trying to get to number 1 of best party of the year.

Thomas is coming too, and I hope that blond chick he kissed at Tony's last party wasn't coming. Then he'd probably be with her and I'd be alone.

The party starts in a few hours and Natasha is helping me get ready. She knows I can't get myself dressed into fancy clothes - unless you call a T-shirt and a pair of jeans fancy. Like last time, Natasha let me borrow a dress. Hopefully, it isn't a dress I would be uncomfortable in.

There was a knock on my door and I opened it. Natasha stood there with a dress in her hand and a bag which I'm guessing has packs of makeup and nail polish.

She smiled. "Ready?"

I laughed nervously. "Actually, I think I'm just gonna give Tony his gift now and skip the pa-"

"Nice try." She walked inside and started to set everything up.

I sighed as I sat in the chair in front of a big mirror Natasha set up for her to do my makeup.

I cupped my chin in my hand. She immediately grabbed my hand and pulled it away from my face. My head dropped and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I may be an assassin and a spy, but besides that side of me, there's a girly side of me. A very very very tiny part."

She held my head high. "You can't slouch while I do your hair, Savannah." She sighed as if I was supposed to know that.

"Whatever. Just get it over with." I crossed my arms and slouched in my chair when she wasn't looking.

* * *

"Done!" Natasha squealed and when I gave her a look, she cleared her throat and said, "Look."

I turned to the mirror and gasped. This was a total different me. I looked so different. My hair was in bouncy curls, I had jet black mascara on and my eyelashes curled. My lips were a faint pink, but what got me shocked was the dress.

It was pink, for starters. (For the record, I hate pink.) It was strapless, and a very low V-neck. I turned and it exposed my whole back, expect for the part where my hair covered. And last but not least, it was very, very, very, very short.

I turned to Natasha and forced a smile. "I love it." Lies. I hate it. "Thank you."

She smiled back and hugged me. "You look gorgeous."

I tried walking to my bed, but tripped and almost fell. Oh, yeah. My heels were at least three inches. And pink.

"Now," Natasha said, grabbing her stuff and stuffing them in her bag. "I have to go get ready. See you later!"

I waved and she left. Once the door closed, I took off my shoes and rubbed my ankles. This is going to be a long night.

* * *

I walked through the doors of Tony's house. I didn't get why he had a house if he lived almost everyday in the tower with the rest of us.

There were so many people. More than just a hundred. Laughers and conversations filled the air; and it was loud. There were paparazzi outside the building, trying to get inside and snap some photos.