Chapter 16

"Welcome back, kid." My father greeted me once I stepped inside the mansion.

Coming back here was easier than ever. Since I apologized to my friends - teammates, former friends, I don't know anymore - it felt like a gigantic weight was lifted off my shoulders. They now knew that I was here. I mean, they knew before but now I was the one to confirm it.

Don't get me wrong, going back to the tower and having to face the people that mattered the most to me after lying and yelling at them was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my whole life.

But now I didn't have to lie to them. I could come to the mansion without having that guilt of them not knowing in the back of my mind.

None of them spoke to me after I finished my speech - if you would call it that. None of them ran out of the tower to talk to me, to comfort me like I had hoped they would. But then again I didn't think it would happen. I was the worst friend to them, so hoping for that was a long shot.

Once I left, I didn't come straight here. Instead I decided to take a walk by myself, just to be alone for a while. It got me thinking about a lot of things. Like Thomas.

I knew I still had to apologize to him, being he wasn't at the tower. I don't know how I would do it. Maybe I'd text him and tell him to meet me somewhere in private.

While currently having the title of 'worst friend ever,' I thought of my best friend, Katie. I hadn't spoken to her in forever. The last time I saw her was when Anna, Kitty and I went to Applebee's. Apparently that's where she worked, but I wasn't sure if she was still there. That was a few weeks ago, and I promised her I would talk to her but I haven't since. So I guess you could just give me the 'worst best friend' award too.

I forced a smile at my father. "Thanks,"

"How was it?" Logan asked, as he and I walked to my room. I was still debating on calling it my temporary room or permanent room, being I wasn't now sure if I would be staying here or somewhere else. I'm pretty sure the Avengers don't want me sleeping in the same building as them anymore.

I shrugged. "I said what I wanted to say, but then I left. None of them said anything."

"That sucks," he said and I nodded. "Have you decided if you're staying here?"

We were at my room by the time he asked me that. I looked at him and sighed. "I'm not sure."

Logan nodded, understanding. "I get it. Just...think 'bout it, okay? Don't forget, we still have that Walking Dead marathon to finish."

I laughed. "Of course," I said. "I'll see you later for dinner."

"Don't be late, we're having lobster." He smirked and walked away.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Immediately I jumped on my bed and laid there for a full five minutes, not wanting to move. But then Thomas came to mind and I sat up.

Grabbing my phone, I went to his contact and went to press 'call' but hesitated.

Just press the damn thing already! The voice in my head said.

He doesn't want to talk to me, let alone see me. How am I supposed to apologize if he doesn't want to talk to me?

You did it with the Avengers, I'm sure you can do it with him. Wow, that's the first nice thing that voice in my head ever said to me.