Heading East

I groaned a little before yawning and stretching. The sun was rising and yesterday had killed my body. Finding Miu and then spending the entire day searching for Bailey. My body feels exhausted and my mind isn't far behind it. My eyes looked up as the front door opened. Mark came walking in carrying a clear bag with cuts of meat in it. "You feeling deer for breakfast?" He asked me as he laughed tiredly. I smiled a little and chuckled "You doing okay?" I raised my eyebrow at him as I slowly stood. He nodded as he brought the meat to the kitchen. "I didn't know that deers actually FOUGHT people when scared" he yelled from the other room. I laughed a little "you got the shit beat out of you by that deer didn't you?" I asked him before I walked into the bathroom and ran water through my mouth. I could hear him laugh out "He was a fighter I'll tell you that much" he sounded a little embarrassed as he spoke. I just shook my head and turned "I'm washing my body and then we can eat and head out to look for the brat again" I yelled through the house. "Awe you really miss her don't you" Mark teased back to me. I growled lowly "No I miss Chica and Appa" I replied before slamming the bathroom door. I could just hear him laughing at my anger....idiot.

—-Time Skip—-

Mark pulled the back of my shirt tight and tucked it into my jeans as we walked down the colorful streets.
My eyes widened and a small smile formed on my face as I walked by a field and saw Miu and Tom. They had a large group of adults with them....weapons training. They were learning knife and sword combat. Most of them were paired up following Tom and Miu's Lead. Farther back in the field were molly and Wade with the children teaching them hand to hand combat. Andrew and Morgan were sparring along with the children and although her arm was still broken she was putting up a fight with the guy. I stopped short as Garret and Shane were heard calling my name through the streets and chasing after Mark and I. I turned around to face them. Garret had the biggest smile on his face and Shane was waving a big ass paper around. "Are you two okay?" I asked them with confusion. Once they caught up to use they both stayed breathing hard. I chuckled at them a little. Not very athletic leaders but that's fine. Shane glanced up at Mark and I as he stayed doubled over breathing hard "give me a second.....out of shape" he breathed heavily. I laughed a little as Mark reached into his bag and grabbed his water "Need a sip?" He offered to both of them. Garret grabbed his bottle and opened it taking a huge gulp before breathing out "Thank you" weakly. Once they caught their breath Shane stood up tall and smiled wide "I got in contact with him!" He spoke excitedly. I was even more confused now. "Huh? Him? Who is him?" I asked slightly annoyed. I hate not knowing about shit. He handed me the map as Garrett started to speak. "We have a friend out in Rhode Island. A doctor...we had met him a while ago while he made his away across the country. They're looking for cure's there. We finally got in on the radio frequency. He said if you're willing to travel east then they could possibly help" Garrett spoke softly. He seemed like he was scared of my reaction. "When?" I replied quickly. "Hm?" Marks face turned into confusion as he looked at me. "What do you mean when? We still haven't found Bailey or the dogs yet. And we don't even have reliable transportation to get out there" Mark started to question me. I looked at him and chuckled "We? All I need is a good car and I'll be on foot if it runs out of gas" Mark was not talking me out of this. Of course I want to find Bailey and the dogs but....I've been waiting for this. To not just be walking around while everyone else around me is dying to this apocalypse. I can help people.....I can finally understand why I was chosen to be immune by whatever higher power is out there. He gripped my wrist "Yes we, and I'm not leaving until we find them" he spoke seriously. I moved my wrist from him and growled lowly before looking at Shane "You have a car?" I asked him, ignoring Mark. Shane rubbed the back of his neck "Well they aren't cars but they'll work" he spoke nervously before chuckling.