Captured

I slightly jerked forward as Mark pulled the bike up to a short stop. My face lightly hit his back and I groaned "This is why I should've driven"--"Blame Miu, she stopped short in front of us" He laughed out. I slid off of the back of the bike and grabbed Chica's leash. She hopped out of the side car and trotted up beside me. Mark hopped off after me and walked beside me as we approached Miu and Tom. We parked next to the main gate that we entered when Mark and I first got here. Standing next to the huge metal fence was comforting. "You good with a gun?" Tom asked me as he handed Mark a rifle. I gave him a serious look and scoffed as I grabbed the one he handed me "Of course I am" I smirked at him. He lightly shook his head and chuckled "Good, let's get to the top of the fence" He said seriously before turning and heading up the metal steps that lead to the platform at the top of the gate. I turned to move up the steps but Miu grabbed my arm and looked at me seriously "Y/N, I know that you haven't been here this long and you're nonchalant about everything but this place is my home... These people are my responsibility and I don't want this to just be target practice with you. You can't tell but Mark cares about you and Tom cares about you and you're REALLY important..."-- "Miu,stop worrying. I'm gonna protect this place with everything that I've got." I cut her off. I could tell that she wasn't sure about me but if this was her home then I'm going to help her defend it. She held her hand out and grabbed Chica's leash "She is staying in the car with Appa, we don't need anything happening to her" Miu calmly spoke out as she opened the truck door and let Chica hop into it. I turned to see Mark and Tom already at the top of the fence and looking over. Once Miu had Chica in the car she closed the door and turned to me "Come on" she waved me to follow her up the long staircase. "So, why haven't you told Mark yet?" She asked me. I slightly sighed out "You weren't even supposed to know Miu... Look, just like everybody else I have a past, and I don't want to concern Mark with it. I'll tell him about me when the time is right" I spoke back. Miu looked at me and shrugged "Okay, whatever you're comfortable with" she replied. I know I should tell Mark, especially if Tom and Miu know. We've been together for a few weeks now and I genuinely feel like I can trust him but I know from past experiences.... Doesn't matter how much trust you have for someone, as soon as they see you hold a greater power things change. As we neared the top of the gate and stepped onto the platform I could slightly see over top of it already. There were three trucks in front of it and they had their high beams on. I held my hands up in front of my eyes a little and groaned before my heart slightly stopped. They honked their horn and the all too familiar cliche 1970's horn rang through the air. As soon as the horn went off Mark moved his foot and swept my feet from under me. I fell hard against the metal platform and as much as I wanted to curse him out for making me hit the platform that hard I know why he did it.

I stayed crouched down behind the small barrier where they couldn't see me. Miu slightly looked at Mark worriedly before Mark spoke. He held a straight face and barely moved his lips as he stayed looking forward "We'll tell you later" He spoke quickly. Miu slightly nodded and looked forward as I heard a car door close. I looked down at the car to check on Chica and Appa. Chica was laying the passenger seat while Appa stood strongly on the drivers seat, he could sense something was wrong. I could slightly feel my heart jump as I heard a familiar voice. "Hello, hello how are you all doing?" his voice rang through the air. Miu gripped her gun tighter before Tom reached over and lightly rubbed her hand. "Hello. Who are you and what's your business here?" Tom questioned him. He chuckled a little "Oh I'm so sorry I forgot to introduce myself... I'm Trevor" He chuckled again. I sighed a little to myself, at least they sent Trevor he was one of the nicer one's of the bunch. "What's your business here?" Miu asked him strongly. Her voice was deeper and she held dominance over every word she spoke, she was intimidating. "My friends and I are looking for someone. We just needed you know if they might've come by your little town" He spoke calmly. Out of their whole group there were only three of them who were negotiators instead of fighters and I'm happy they sent one of them. "No travelers have come through our camp lately. I don't believe that we would have seen who you are looking for" Tom replied to him. Everyone was silent for a short while and I couldn't tell if Trevor bought Toms lie. "Well thank you all for your time then. I have a camp not to far from here, if you do seem to find yourself sheltering a girl by the name of Y/N please come alert us.We will give rewards of clothing, guns, ammunition, and food for her findings. Please she is a real important part of our little family and we are very worried about her" He suavly spoke out. I could feel a little calmer since it sounded as though he was going to leave.