Runaway

"Y/N...Did you hear me?" My eyes shot up to Mark who looked at me worriedly. I couldn't feel the cold air around us, I couldn't hear the sound of the boats going through the water, I was numb. After Mark had carried me out of there and they had gotten enough food and ammo from the place we all left. Miu was stuck shivering and being treated as best as she could by Marzia in their car. Once we made it to the river bank they unloaded everything and we set back into the water to get back. I could sense the concern for me from everybody but I couldn't shake the numbness off. I hated the man, I swore to it and I knew it deep down in my core. James was fucked up, I mean nobody could be as bad as Aleks, but a silent bystander is just as guilty as the one who did the crime. After everything he put my through, the lies and pain and anger....Seeing him drop like that. "Hm? Yeah I'm fine" my voice came out weak and low as I waved Mark off. He sighed as he put more effort into his rowing. He grunted lowly before speaking again. "So you didn't hear me... I asked you how you wanted to split the ammo and food with Shane and his people" he looked up at me worriedly. I just nodded my head before wiping the question off . "Half and half" I replied blankly. I could hear Marzia scoff "Half and half? Last I checked we just risked our lives for this stuff"— "And last I checked they let our people stay in a safe town after our home was destroyed" Bob interjected as he rowed. "They only let us stay because Y/N was playing hero again and saved there little friend" Marzia argued back. Ethan cleared his throat "Hey maybe half and half because they also are keeping THE CURE TO HUMANITY SAFE AND ALIVE" he pointed at me as he spoke. Marzia reaches forward before taking off her shoe and tossing it at Ethan from the other boat. "Keep it down will you blue boy. We aren't out of the woods yet"—"I'm sure that Y/N can keep herself safe Ethan. But Marzia, they're right. These people are helping us. It's not much to split half of our findings just this once" Wade spoke up. For some reason his voice ended the conversation like that. It seems as though everyone was on the same page now. I glanced up at Mark as he rowed, his arms seemed tired but he still pushed on. "Hey what's that?" Marzia lowered her voice as she pointed back at the river bank that we had just left. Everyone turned around trying to catch a glimpse of what she was seeing. "I don't see anything" Mark spoke out as he tried to squint. "Neither do I but let's pick up the pace just in case" Wade replied as he began to row faster. Marzia kept her eyes on the river bank searching "I swear I saw a red light through the trees, it was moving fast" she sounded serious. I kept my eyes along the bank hoping to see the light but I couldn't. "Maybe just some lone survivors...let's leave it alone" everyone glanced at me. It was the most I've talked since we left the pet store. I could see Mark mod before he began to row faster. We just need to get back to the base and we'll be fine.

—-Time Skip—-

Ethan sighed out and grunted as he pulled along a bag full of ammo. We left with a lot of supplies which meant we were all stuck with hauling heavy bags of ammo and food. I dragged my bag behind me as I trudged forward. It was still dark outside but the clouds were light, the sun must have been rising up behind them. How long were we across the lake for? I could see Marzia drop her bag as we neared the front gate. The gate was open and Shane stood with Garrett, Andrew, Sean, and Tyler with flashlights. "Bailey! Bailey where are you?!" Shane yelled out as they kept spreading out farther and farther. Wade took a breath before running to Garrett who stayed by the gate. "What happened?" He asked urgently. Before he could even respond Tom brushed past him running at full speed up he slammed into Miu. He picked her up as he hugged her "Miu are you okay what did they do to you?" He asked frantically as he looked her over. My eyes were drawn back to the gate as Sean threw his flashlight against the metal "It's my fault" he spoke to Wade "Tyler was supposed to check on her but he was too busy trying to stop me from crying. She snuck out we don't know where she is. She took the dogs and..."—"She took Chica?" Mark asked out as he interjected. "Appa too. We don't know what to do. She couldn't have gotten that far" Tyler spoke out as he jogged back up to everyone. "Hey! We won't get anywhere going back and forth like this" Miu yelled out strained. Tom tried to hold onto her but she pushed herself up from him "I'm sure you don't know when the little brat left so we are sending out search parties right now. Tom will take a group down the east end of the complex near the river bank, I will take a group down the back south entrance towards the road"— "But baby" Tom tried to interrupt but Miu sighed. "I got this okay...Y/N you're taking a group to the north up into the woods. We are all back my sunset today with out without her. We can't lose anymore people. Wade you are in charge of watching over our people here. If she comes back give her the talking of a life time" she spoke seriously as her legs shook lightly. Everyone just stared before Ethan cleared his throat. "Well I know you all heard her.. the queen is back let's get moving"