Locked in

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing from across the room. My body slowly shifted under my sheets as I groggily woke up. The sun slightly peeked in through the small openings in my blinds. I stretched to my legs before slowly sitting up and swinging my legs over the sides of my bed. After a few seconds I stood up and made my way over to my phone. As I pulled it off of the charger I hit the button to turn off the alarm. I looked over at my door as a loud knock drew my attention to it.  I lightly groaned out, so on top of this guy taking up space in here he is also going to fuck up my silent morning routine. I made my way to the door and opened it harshly. My eyes slightly widened as I looked him up and down. He stood in black pajama pants with M's printed all over them and a red fallen shirt. The front was open which showed off his toned body that I wouldn't of guessed hid beneath his clothes.

My eyes slowly scanned up his stomach and chest until I reached his face

My eyes slowly scanned up his stomach and chest until I reached his face. He held a small grin and his eyes stayed focused on mine. "Here I made you some coffee, and I think you should see this" He spoke out in a deep morning voice. To avoid biting my lip I quickly grabbed the drink out his hand and took a sip of it. I coughed a little and wiped my lips, his eyes looked at me in confusion. "You okay?" I cleared my throat and nodded "Yeah I'm fine. Is this straight black coffee?"-- "Yeah, I can dump it if you don't like it". I shook my head no and took another sip of the bitter drink, I'd start to like it someday. "Okay, well I think you should come see this" He turned and made his way to the living room. I followed behind him and watched him as he walked to the window. He pointed outside and cleared his throat before speaking "I was walking Chica and she just started flipping out. We rounded the corner and saw this" I walked up beside him and looked out the window. The whole courtyard was flooded with infected. From walkers, to runners, to hunters, my eyes widened a little. I turned to him "I've never seen that many infected at one time"-- "Worst part is, I don't even think that's ever one fourth of the hoard that I saw yesterday" He spoke out as he scruffled up his hair.  I just shrugged and walked to the recliner, sitting down my coffee and picking up my towel "Well I'm glad we stocked up because it looked like we're stuck here for now. I'm going to take a shower, you coming?" I looked down at the dog as I passed her. She was eating dog food out of a bowl on the floor by the door. I looked back over at Mark as he stuttered out "Um y-you mean like.. Together?" He spoke out nervously. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes "There are stalls dude. Towels are in the closet down the hall and I put some shampoo and body wash in your room yesterday. Come on " I turned and grabbed the door handle. I didn't wait for him to get this things before I walked out of the room and yelled out "It's down the hall and to the right". I turned and closed the door behind me. I hummed a small tune as I made my way to the shower room. The halls were silent which brought me comfort and made me relax, I loved silence.

Once I had gotten into the bathroom I walked to the last stall and undressed, sitting my clothes on the ledge by my shower. I turned on the water and stepped inside. I could feel myself getting lost in thought as the warm soap and water ran over my body. I loved he silence and warmth of a shower, it kept me comforted and open to think, but sometimes that backfired. On somedays like today the thoughts that reached my head weren't the ones I wanted there. Like where my family is, are they even alive, are my roommates alive, or why was I the only one left? I could feel my finger nails lightly scrape against the wall as the terrorizing thoughts raced through my head. I hated eating at myself, I know I shouldn't do that because at the end of the day I'm all I have left and if I go crazy I'm going to get myself killed. "Hey, cookie are you okay in there?" My thought process was broken by his voice ringing through the bathroom. I lightly jumped as I quickly turned off the water. I looked around me, the room was filled with steam "Yeah, I'm fine" I spoke back quickly. He lightly chuckled "You sure? you've been in here for almost an hour, had to come back to make sure you didn't drown in there". I took a low breath, I didn't even realize I was in here for so long. "Yeah I'm fine, I'll be out in a second". I could hear the door slowly start to close before it stopped again  "Alright, hurry up, your food is going to get cold" He closed the door after he was done speaking. I ran my fingers through my hair before grabbing my towel and wrapping it around me. I stepped out of the shower and went to brush my teeth. Once I was done I grabbed my clothes and headed back to the dorm room. Once I walked in my eyes briefly locked with Mark as he stood staring at me as he shoveled eggs into his mouth. I kept walking as I spoke out "It's rude to stare" I didn't wait for him to speak back. My feet shuffled along the warm carpet as I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. Alright what to wear, what to wear? I made my way to my closet and looked through my wardrobe. I guess I should wear something laid back since we are trapped in here all day.

After getting dressed I quickly put my hair in a tight bun and made my way back out to the living room

After getting dressed I quickly put my hair in a tight bun and made my way back out to the living room. Mark was sitting on the couch petting Chica, I grabbed the plate of eggs and bacon that sat on the counter. I carried my plate to the recliner and plopped down in the soft chair. As soon as I sat down the dog hopped up and made it way over to me. I looked down at her as she sat at my feet and looked up at me. I lightly rolled my eyes as I took a bite of bacon and threw her the other half of it. I looked over at Mark as I heard him chuckle. He was looking over at me as I fed her my food. I ate a forkful of eggs before filling the silence of the room "Thanks" I spoke out lowly. He shifted in his seat as he looked over at me "For?" He questioned. "Coffee and the food" I spoke out before throwing some eggs to Chica. "No problem cookie. Thanks for giving us a place to stay". I just slightly nodded back as I ate more of the food. Just like that the room fell silent again. I can't say I didn't like it, it was just more awkward with another person in here with me. I looked over at him as his voice filled the silence "Stay evil dollface?" He said aloud as he squinted at my shirt. I handed Chica the last piece of bacon on my plate before sitting it on the coffee table and nodding "Yeah" I spoke back. He chuckled a little as he nodded "nice shirt"-- "Same to you" I said back as I pointed to his shirt that read 'It is what it is'.

He nodded a thank you before crossing his arms and furrowing his brow "So who am I actually staying with?" He asked. I looked over at him with a confused look "What do you mean?" I spoke back. "I mean, I don't know anything about you. You could be a psycho murderer and I wouldn't know. I don't even know your name" He said as he looked me up and down. I did the same look back "And I barely know anything about you, so we are even" I said back. He smiled a soft smile before speaking "Well I'm Mark, I'm 28. Could've been an engineer but those dreams didn't work out. I have an older brother named Tom, and I love my mother to death. My two best friends ever are named Tyler and Wade, and my favorite food is chicken and dumplings" He spoke out and then looked at me with a smug grin. I sighed out before speaking "I'm cookie, I'm 23 and was in college studying art. Have an older sister named Toni. My mom is my world and my dad is my rock. Never had a best friend except for my sister and even that was iffy sometimes. My favorite food is cake" I spoke out dryly. He laughed out "Your name is NOT cookie"-- "Well I'm not going to tell you it" I said defensively. He smirked a little as he scooted to the edge of the couch "Pleeeaaaseee?" He begged out. I rolled my eyes "You're acting like a kid" I spoke out annoyed. He smiled at me before begging again "Pleeaaaseeeee tell me your name". I looked over at him and slightly groaned, I don't know if he had any idea but he was annoying the shot out of me. "I'm going to shoot you dude" I let out a dry threat. He ran his hand through his hair and looked over at me. His brown eyes shined in the light and I can't lie, they were beautiful but also held a hint of sexiness to them. "Come on just tell me your name....please" He spoke out genuinely. I bit my lip a little as I think about my answer. I shrugged to myself before getting up and grabbing my plate. His groan rang through the room as I walked into the kitchen and placed my plate into the sink. I turned out of the kitchen and headed to my room to grab something that might entertain us. As I reached the hallway I stopped and looked back at him "Y/N" I spoke out. He looked up at me and slightly smiled "Y/N?"-- "Yeah" I said back a little nervous.  He slightly nodded and smiled "Great name".