Attracted

I sat my dusty backpack onto the floor, I couldn't dare bring myself to put it on the white sheets of the clean bed. The house that Tom and Miu put us in was spacious and perfectly far from neighbors. I slid off my dirty boots and sat them inside of the empty closet. I could feel my stomach surge with pain as I bent down. I hunched over, gritting my teeth and lowly wincing. This shit still hurts but I cant apply this cream until I shower. I took a deep breath and slowly stood up. "You gonna be okay?" I heard his low voice behind me. I nodded more to myself than to him, I was telling myself that I would be ok. The more I told myself that the less I worried about myself. I slowly started to stand back up until I felt his hand wrap firmly around my arm, he quickly pulled me up. I pulled my arm away and looked at him "I don't need your help" I spoke out. He sighed before sending me a soft smile "It's okay to ask for help Y/N, especially from me. I'm not going to hold anything against you" He spoke calmly. I couldn't help but advert my eyes from his, I didn't want him to see through me. His words actually did make me feel a little bit better but my dignity.....my dignity still wont let me show weakness. I just nodded before lightly pushing him out of my way "I gotta shower before putting this on" I spoke out as I walked towards the bathroom that sat inside of my room. "I'm gonna take Chica out and then start on some dinner. The cabinets and fridge are filled with food so it should be easy.....You take as long as you need" He said sweetly. "Yeah, thanks" I spoke out as a light and uneasy feeling filled my stomach.

I walked into the bathroom and threw off my dusty clothes, sitting them in the basket that sat near the door. My body shivered as I looked myself up and down, I looked like shit. My hair was a mess, my skin was dirty, and this patch job from Mark looked so shitty. I sighed to myself before grabbing a wash cloth and a towel, heading to the shower and turning it on. Once I could see the steam rising from the water I stepped in and started my shower. The warm water calmed me and the soap soothed me, but I still hated showers. The only place I could think to myself, where my thoughts caught up with me, the only time I hated being alone. I always wondered if I was ever gonna see my sister again but now it's really eating at me. She only lived a good 4 hours away in Vegas and after seeing Mark reunite with Tom I feel like it might be possible. I don't think my mom or dad made it....I cant lie to myself. They never believed that the apocalypse would happen and never tried to stock up on anything, I refuse to put all my blessings in one basket. I just hope they went out quick and painless unlike some people I've seen go. I laid my head back against the wall as the water ran over me and my thoughts ran through me. I could feel myself taking slow deep breaths as my thoughts drove me to be depressed. My finger nails lightly scratched at the smooth tile on the wall and I tried to shake them off...... I jumped and slightly squealed as the shower door was slid to the side. "Mark!" I yelled out as I reached forward and shoved him. He instantly put his hands up and blocked his eyes " Oh my god Y?N I'm so sorry! I- I called you and you didn't respond so I got worried. You've been in here for almost an hour" He spoke back hurriedly. I sighed and lowly chuckled "It's fine....sorry for scaring you. I'll be right out" I smiled to him but I doubt he could see it since his hands shielded his eyes. "Alright Alright, I made us a late night/early morning snack. Meet me in the kitchen" He said awkwardly before turning and leaving.

I hopped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around me. My feet dug into the carpet as I walked to the sink. There were 3 toothbrushes wrapped in plastic, I opened one an grabbed the toothpaste from the mirror cabinet. I quickly brushed my teeth before running my hands through my wet hair. I grabbed the cream and twisted open the cap, ripping the seal off and putting some into my hand. My eyes shut and I let out a sigh of relief as I rubbed it onto my black and purple patch job. I hope it wasn't infected, just bruised from Tom falling onto me. I turned and walked into the room, heading for my black duffel bag. I picked it up and sat it on the desk that sat inside of the room.