Chapter 3

"Hello Rossi" I said not so nicely.

     I wish I didn't say anything at all but he deserves at most 2 words. I turned back around and started on dishes.

   "How have you been?" he asks like we are 2 friends who meet up every weekend. "What have you been doing in that intelligent mind of yours?"

    I just continue to ignore him. He doesn't deserve to know.

   "Well um, how is high school? Oh, and I brought your favorite pasta you used to love!" he said while walking toward me.

   Once he gets close he puts his hand on my shoulder to try to get me to look at him. I shove it off and step away closer to the sink.

    "Dangit, Maddie, will you stop trying to ignore me! I used to be your favorite person! What happened?" He says with a slight bit of anger In his voice.

   I continue to ignore him because I don't want Mrs.Davis to walk in and see me talking to an agent. That means I can't finish my PhDs because she will take away my college privileges.

   "Talk to me, Madeline!" Rossi yelled. Thank goodness everyone was talking and no one heard him yell but he never yelled at me. This made me angry and I lashed out.

   "Rossi, You lost that privilege once you dropped me off at this awful place. They took everything from me here! My identity, my achievements, and so many more things from me! They won't let me talk like most smart people would in this house or I'll be considered even more of a freak!" I reprimanded him while having my arms crossed, facing him.

   "I didn't kn-" I interrupted him.

   "Im not done talking" I spat. "Oh, and about high school I graduated 3 years ago and you would know that if you read my graduation invite! I have graduated college with bachelors for criminal justice, forensics, psychology, behavioral science, and history in the past 3 years. I have an undergraduate in sociology. I'm currently working on a doctorate in mathematics and chemistry. While becoming multilingual and learning ASL. "

     "Madeline I-" he says but yet again gets interrupted

    "What are you surprised?" I say venomously. "I thought you would know since I'm your 'intelligent girl'."

   "My whole life I had to prove myself to everyone! I worked my butt off to get where I am, just to find out I'm not able to pursue these professions because of Mrs.Davis and this dang orphanage" I whisper/shout trying to not get caught.

   Realizing Mrs.Davis might hear me if she is near by, I take a deep breath and calm down. Stepping out of Rossi's personal space.

   "Madeline, I-I'm sorry. I didn't know. and what letter? I didn't get a letter." he says, flabbergasted after all my ranting.

   "Whatever. I'm not supposed to talk to you anyway. I'll get in trouble if they see me with you! Plus shouldn't you be with your team? They will start looking for you soon." I say while feeling slightly bad for hurting Rossi's feelings. I was one of the few things he truly cared about.

    "Yeah, you're right. You will be interrogated tomorrow morning by Hotch and I. I figure you remember Hotch from the stories I told. I'm gonna have an agent talk to you later tonight, not to profile you but to talk. He is kind of like you and you will understand what I mean when you meet him. His name is also familiar from my stories, Dr. Spencer Reid. See you later, Maddie" he said with very slight pain in his voice. Like he didn't want to show he was hurt.

      Bitterly I say, "Bye", but I slightly smile at the thought about meeting the boy genius from Rossi's stories.

      After finishing the dishes I go back to my section of the orphanage and lay on my bed. Contemplating what happened in the past hour. I pull out my computer from my bag to study for an upcoming test in Chemistry.

      That's when I see a skinny man about 6 foot, longish brown hair wearing a suit with a button up shirt with unique patterns underneath. After hearing stories about Rossi's team I instantly recognized him as Dr. Spencer Reid. 

A/n: How did you guys like this chapter? and what do you think Maddie and Reid will talk about? sorry if this sounds rushed and its slightly short. Hoped you enjoyed!