Chapter 35

We arrived in New Orleans. JJ and I were last off the plane. We were just about to walk down the stairs when JJ stopped. I couldn't imagine what she was going through or thinking. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it to show I was there for her.

   "We will be okay." I said to her, She nodded.

   We got into our cars and went to the police station. When we arrived we all knew this case was gonna be rough. But for some of us it's even worse.

   When I walked in I saw the board of the baby's photos. The before and the after were horrifying. Both JJ and I stop and stare. Not dropping our gaze until Reid came and got us both. Deep breaths were the only thing holding me together.

     We began to work, 3 days have past. 6 more babies had passed. I had left work if Hotch would let us, and cried myself to sleep every single night. Usually JJ and I were sent home while the others had stayed to work. Which angered me but I knew I needed it.

    Tonight was different though. Both JJ and I were working late that night. But JJ was nowhere to be found.

    "Has anyone seen JJ?" Hotch asked. We all shook our heads.

     "Well we just got a tip of where the guy might be. Dave and Emily go to the back, Reid, Jack, and I will take the front and the sides if there is any. Maddie, I need you to stay here just in case JJ comes back. Try looking for her as well." I nodded. The team left and I called JJ.

    JJ answered, "Madeline, just the person I was about to call."

    "JJ, where are you?" I asked as I texted Garcia to trace the phone call.

    "JJ, is at the building across the street." Garcia texted. I said thanks, waiting for JJ's response.

   "JJ? where are you?"

    "You should tell Your father that I love him so much. If I could change the clock I would choose him. Please tell him that." she said, as I walked outside and saw her facing the sunset on the roof.

    "JJ, I need you to tell me where you are." I said as I began to run to the building and up the stairs.

    "That doesn't matter. You shouldn't care, Madeline."

    "But I do. I do care because you were there when I needed you so I want to be there for you." I said with so much sincerity I could show through my voice. I finally reached the roof.

    "That will be the death of you Madeline. It's mine." JJ said

    "No, it's ok to care but we both know when to stop caring, to stop fighting. We both know that it is not time for you to stop fighting yet JJ." She must've heard me coming and hung up. I walked toward her while calling Hotch.I heard him say hello.

    "Madeline, please take care of my kids for me."

    "No, I won't take care of your kids. I won't let you jump. You have too much to live for JJ."

    "I can't take this anymore. I lost my sister, I lost my husband. I can't do this."

   "Yes, you can. By going everyday one step at a time. One foot in front of another."

    She leaned against the railing of the building. Staring at the police station. I decided to open up, even if Hotch was on the phone.

     "I lost the baby. I was pregnant and lost the baby. They said it was from stress and the trauma my body had inflicted over the years."

    I heard Hotch talking to Reid, telling Garcia to connect his phone call to the whole team.

     "I lost a baby as well." I nodded.

     "Maybe one day you will heal and get to have another one. Just like I'm planning to do."

    "No, it's too late for that." I heard several people say hello over the phone.

   "JJ what did you do?" I asked. She held an empty pill bottle out to show me.

     "Please don't call the ambulance." She said while falling, I caught her and laid her down.

   "Stay with me JJ, Stay with me." I yelled. I got my phone from my back pocket.

    "I need an ambulance here now. NO JJ don't close your eyes keep looking at me." I yelled.

   "Maddie, what is going on?" Reid asked.

    "JJ is overdosing on her Amitriptyline." I yelled. (antidepressants)

    I felt my world spinning. I was praying for her to survive. Praying the team would arrive in time.

     When the ambulance arrived they tried to remove me from beside her. I refused. I began to fight them when Jack came over and dragged me away from JJ.

     I hugged him and watched my father break. He was trying his best to get to JJ. It took Rossi, Derek, and Hotch to stop him from going to her. My heart ached for him. He loved her.

      Knowing the one thing that would calm him down I walked towards my father. I saw the tears running down his face. I walked in front of Derek who was holding him back in the front while Rossi and Hotch held him by his arms. I got in front of Derek and hugged him. He instantly stopped fighting.

   I felt him falling to the ground as rain started to pour. He was crying into my shoulder.

   "I loved her."

    "I know dad, I know."     

A/n: What will happen to JJ? Will she survive? Comment what you think! Thank you for 6.1k reads and 185 votes! Love you guys! (as of 2/5/22)