Chapter 41

Once the team and the whole FBI called their immediate family the team began to direct people. We showed them where the living quarters were, the bathroom, where laundry was gonna be done, and where the food will be located.

     The team was in a huddle when a little girl approached Rossi. She tugged on his shirt and he kneeled down to talk to her.

      "Sir, are you in the mafia?" The little girl asked. The team roared in laughter at Rossi's reaction and the littles girl's question.

     "Am I in the what? N-no, I'm not in the mafia." She sadly sulked away after a flabbergasted Rossi continued to kneel there. Staring off into space.

     "I mean she ain't wrong man." Derek chuckled.

      "Hey, just because I'm rich and Italian doesn't mean I'm in the mafia." Rossi glared at me.

   "Did you set that up?" He asked.

   "Hey, just because I asked when I was seven doesnt mean I made her ask. I never met that girl in my life." I laughed.

  "Wait what?" JJ questioned.

   "I'll tell you later." I laughed.

   "Hotch, have you heard anything? Any more killings?" He ignored me and continued looking at his phone.

   "Hotch." still didnt get his attention, "HOTCH!"

  "Sorry, Emily and Matthew are not back, they were supposed to be meeting her mother at a b-" He trailed off, a lightbulb had obviously gone off in his head.

   He went to the box that controlled our earpieces, allowing us to listen in without having to have an earpiece in. We both put headphones on and turned the box on so we could listen in. That's when it clicked, Emily had an earpiece in and they must have been meeting at a bank.

   Once, we turned it on and we heard a man yelling and then a gunshot ring through our headset. Hotch quickly got the team and we rushed to the bank with backup, once we arrived we saw Matthew in Emily's mother's arms. Hotch instantly ran to her.

   "Where is Emily?" He asked.

   "Inside, she texted me to not come inside. I asked why but she hasn't texted back." We all looked at eachother, trying not to show the fear but Hotch broke our cover. He turned around and rubbed his face. A stress factor he does.

   "Aaron, what is going on?' She nervously asked.

    "Agent Seely will tell you at the BAU. Drive there, quickly. He is there with Liz and Sean." He anxiously stated. Emily's mother decided not to push and obey.

   "Start setting up, we won't go in unless I say so." Hotch shouted.

   Once set up, Hotch and I put on the headphones the tech guy handed us. I flinched listening in. Emily is being beaten.

   "Tell me where she is you-" Emily's scream canceled out whatever he was gonna say next.

   Hotch began to freak out. Tears would fill his eyes but he kept blinking them away. Took his headphones off, just to put them back on. He was pacing, gripping his hair. I have never seen him so out of power and strength. His rock was on the border of life and death. His children's mother was at risk of leaving them with a press of a button, a blink of an eye,

   "We have to go in!" Hotch panicked, looking around desperately.

   "You would be risking the lives of everyone in there." Rossi calmed him, I saw a tear trickle down his cheek.

     "We can't risk their safety nor our teams." Rossi spoke softly. Hotch was beginning to break. I couldn't stand seeing my family suffering, I couldn't stand watching this any longer. I had to end this.

   I threw my headphones off and ran into the van, I quickly grabbed an earpiece. I did something irrational as usual and began to run into the building. She has children to take care of, I had a boyfriend. I rather give my life, than have her die and her children be motherless just like I was. I know how hard it is to live without a mother or a mother figure for almost 16 years. Until, JJ and Prentiss came along.

    I heard the team calling after me as I reached the door and entered. I glanced most likely my last time at the team before stepping all the way in. There was no turning back now.

A/n: what will happen next? Does someone get a divorce? Does someone get beheaded? Does someone die? Will anyone survive? Stay tuned!!