SP Chapter: Why I remember you

It is nearly been a year since I, Severus Snape started teaching potions in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and becoming the head house of Slytherin, and a year had passed since the death of his cherished best friend, her death anniversary is coming up unfortunately insolent Potter died the same day. As the day of her death drew near, a pang of distinct guilt appeared, I thought that it was because I couldn't stop her death. I threw it back in my head and continue grading the fifth-year dunderheads' essay.

The day of Samhain or Halloween for the muggleborns came, while the first years stuffed their faces with unhealthy amounts of sweets, I have an accurate huge headache. "Are you okay, Severus?" Filius inquired.

"I'm fine, just a headache; I'll simply go for a walk within the castle," I stood up and walk aimlessly in the castle. Realizing I have come back to my room without me knowing, entering I felt a sudden thug towards inside the cupboard inside the room. Seeing nothing more but unused cloaks and a black chest sitting in the dust.

Curious I approached the chest and open it, it has several compartments, the one that caught my attention is the last compartment, a black tungsten ring with a silver grooved line, with two emeralds inlaid at the end of the line. When a sudden headache arose, then a man with chocolate brown hair, with red amber eyes appeared smiling as he slipped the ring on my finger, he opened his mouth but no sound.

A tear slipped through my eyes, a sob escapes my throat and I began to cry, the man's face became guilty as if apologizing for making me cry, surges of memory startled me, making me sobbed harder. "Beloved, I'm sorry for forgetting you,"

He smiled and started to dissipate, "Don't go!" I shout

Before I could go near him the chest glowed a book appeared within, Necromancy: Rituals for Resurrection by Than Atos, I was stunned this book was discontinued since the beginning of the first wizarding war.

Necromancy (/nɛkrəmænsi /) is the practice of magic that involves communicating with the dead – whether by summoning their spirits as apparitions, visions, or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events, discover hidden knowledge, bring someone back from the dead, or using the dead as a weapon.

Skimming through the pages, stopping at a certain page.

This resurrection spell enabled the caster to resuscitate a deceased individual. Despite its name, it was perhaps more akin to a reanimation spell.

Procedure

The earth from a grave or the ash of the deceased were necessary for the spell. 4 lilies and the of person performing the ritual's sacrificial blood

The caster must then recite an incantation three times for the spell to take effect. The incantation is as follows:

Accept my sacrifice, Taker of Life, God of Gods. Bone, flesh, and air. Yours in perpetuity.

Bone, flesh, and air. I beg thee come back to me.

There must be a body for the spirit to dwell forever; else, it would only remain for 3 weeks to 2 months.

Warning: If the ritual is disrupted and fails, the soul being summoned will be dispelled and vanish forever.

Fear crept within me as I read the last part, I quickly walk towards the school's greenhouse to harvest the lilies.

I started warding my room and prepare for the ritual, "But where can I find his ash," I look inside the chest once more, it's the clothes he wore during Samhain last year, dust fell from it, sensing some of his magic I collected it and started the ritual.

"The ash of the dead, four lilies, and the blood of person performing the ritual," one by one the components go

"Accept my sacrifice, Taker of Life, God of Gods. Bone, flesh, and air. Yours in perpetuity.

Bone, flesh, and air. I beg thee come back to me" The cauldron begins to glow and my vision starts to darken, but before I blacken out a figure was starting to form.

I start to wake up from my body clock, only to see a man, the same ghostly man from the cupboard, "Hello Love, miss me?" he said teasingly, tears started to fall, "I'm sorry for leaving you Sev," he pulled me into his arms as I continue to sob. We stayed in bed for the whole morning thank Lady Magic it was a weekend.

"Sev, I hate to ask this but where's Hadrian?"