iv.

❝ Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it

❝ Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it. ❞

― Baltasar Gracian

Bonnie and Caroline walked into school together, Bonnie feeling rather proud of herself, she had successfully saved Caroline from Damon's clutches.

"Oh, Elena invited us over to her place for dinner tonight," Caroline recalled suddenly.

"You're joking," Bonnie scoffed.

"I'm afraid I'm not," Caroline replied with an overly dramatic sigh.

"Why'd she invite me? I make my distaste for her very clear."

"She's dense," Caroline shrugged, "And thinks there's no one immune to her charms."

Bonnie let out a quiet chuckle.

"I already said we'd come so...you don't really have a choice."

"Fine," Bonnie replied with a light sigh.

"What a dick," Caroline scoffed as across the courtyard Tyler threw a football at Stefan.

Bonnie merely hummed in response.

"Damn that was hot," Caroline commented as Stefan whirled around catching the ball before throwing it back, Tyler stumbling at the force of it.

"Come on, blondie, time for class."

✕✕✕✕✕

"World War II ended in..." Mr. Tanner trailed off.

Bonnie promptly ignored him staring at a blank page in her notebook. She had an art project coming up; they had been instructed to make a piece that tied to history.

Bonnie knew most of her classmates were planning on drawing horses for Troy or volcanoes for Pompeii but Bonnie wanted to do an event no one else would. 

Let's see, what did her school not teach her in her life as a human? Oh! The Library of Alexandria! She remembered having to google it as her history classes never once discussed it.

Bonnie got to work doodling out brainstorms, she made messy zigzags near the edges of the paper to symbolize she was going to burn it. She then did scribbles across the page, noting where she would write the Greek, she also left places blank drawing a square to symbolize where she would draw models or charts or other things.