xxiv.

❝ Therapy only works when we have a genuine desire to know ourselves as we are

❝ Therapy only works when we have a genuine desire to know ourselves as we are. Not as we would like to be. ❞

— Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Bonnie's whole body heaved as she sobbed and screamed...as she felt Elijah die.

Bonnie's wails of anguish and sorrow filled the night air.

It didn't take long for Lucy to burst out the front door, instantly rushing to her cousin and holding her in her arms, trying to calm her.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked, voice breaking in worry and fear, "What's wrong? Bonnie, please," She cried, "What's wrong? You're okay, I have you, I have you."

"Elijah!" Bonnie wailed, "Elijah!" She curled closer to her cousin, crying.

Lucy's heart broke...and she would never forget the way her cousin cried, she would never forget that noise, that strangled anguished noise. Bonnie's cries would haunt her for as long as she would live.

-

-

-

-

-

Meanwhile on the Other Side:

"Bonnie," Tears rolled down Elijah's cheeks as he watched her cry, "Bonnie, I'm sorry," He fell to his knees before her.

He wanted to hold her as Lucy was holding her. He wanted her to know he was here and that he loved her.

"I'm sorry," He cried softly, "I'm so sorry. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

✕✕✕✕✕

Bonnie found herself heading into the woods still numb with pain and trying to ignore the horrified confusion she felt about what was happening to her.

The demon witch found herself stopping in a clearing. Suddenly, all around her, the world slowed to a near stop.

"Father," Bonnie smiled sadly as she turned to face Amenadiel.

"Oh, my sweet Billie," Amenadiel sighed sadly, "I'm truly sorry about the vampire."

"I know," Bonnie sighed, "What...what's happening to me? Why didn't I remember that was going to happen?"