xxv.

❝ There are no accidental meetings between souls

❝ There are no accidental meetings between souls. ❞

— Sheila Burkee

"Zdravei, Katerina," Klaus breathed out to her, humming as he reached forward and held her face in his hands, the younger vampire frozen in fear, "I have missed you."

"...Klaus..."

-

-

-

-

-

"Ugh," Klaus groaned as he inspected Alaric's closet of shirts, "Who is this guy, safari Sam?"

Grudgingly he pulled out two shirts and turned to Katherine putting them against his chest.

"Okay, bad," He put the other shirt against his chest, "Or badder?"

"The dark colors suit you better," Katherine said through her teeth.

"Oh, thank you, honey," Klaus gushed dramatically, "Okay, pop quiz, the dagger and the white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah," Katherine said instantly, 'though obviously to the chagrin of Bonnie' she thought, "You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."

"Okay," Klaus pulled on a leather jacket, "That dagger needs to stay exactly where it is, the last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Ugh, that guy is a buzzkill."

"Don't forget," Katherine said, "You're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna."

"Right, Elena's aunt, for all the lies about Isobel. What else?"

"That's it," Katherine said quickly.

Klaus moved forward and gingerly trailed his hand down her cheek, the vampire gasping and jumping in fright.

"Oh, so jumpy," Klaus tutted.

"Please, just...kill me," Katherine pleaded, "I've told you everything that I know."

"You see," Klaus leaned in closer to her, voice falling to a whisper, "I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Tell me," His pupils constricted and dilated.

"They were trying to find Bonnie to see if she had the power to kill an Original without a dagger."

"Bonnie the witch?" Klaus asked, she nodded tensely and he sighed as he straightened, "I thought you said she left town."