xxi.

❝ Discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me

❝ Discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me. ❞

— Hannibal Lecter

The next day Bonnie and Elijah headed to the Grill wanting food and to further discuss their plan of helping Klaus and infiltrating Elena's friend group.

"Stay out here," Bonnie advised as they approached the restaurant, she had felt them the moment she exited her car, Stefan, Caroline, Luka, and his father.

"Is something wrong?" Elijah wondered.

"Stefan's here," She replied, "One of the brother's that retrieved the doppelgänger, he knows your face."

In canon Elena had gone to Katherine the day before and Bonnie had run into Luka here then too so why was it happening today instead? Then if this was happening today...

"Damon and Rose-Marie are doing research on your brother," Bonnie told him.

"Well now," Elijah drawled, "We can't have that."

"No," Bonnie smiled softly, "We can't."

"I'll meet you here after," Elijah promised.

"Or I'll meet you there," Bonnie suggested, "Richmond would be a nice little get-away."

"Okay," Elijah smiled softly, "I'll see you then," He kissed her knuckles before sped off.

Smiling fondly to herself Bonnie turned and entered the Grill.

"Hey, Bonnie," Luka spotted her instantly.

"Hi, Luka," Bonnie approached his table with a polite smile, "How was your first day?"

"It was great," He smiled adoringly at her, "Oh," He just seemed to remember who he was sitting with, "I would like to introduce you to my dad."

"Hello," Bonnie greeted kindly, as he slipped out of the booth, standing to greet her, "Bonnie Bennett," She offered him her hand.

"Dr. Martin," He shook it firmly, "Jonas Martin. It's nice to meet you, Bonnie Bennett, would you like to join us?" He offered.

"I would be honored," Bonnie replied.

Dr. Martin gave Luka a certain look and the teen hurriedly scooched over.

"Please," he grinned, "Have a seat."