xxii.

❝ This will be a day long remembered

❝ This will be a day long remembered. ❞

— Darth Vader

Yeah...this isn't what Katherine was expecting her time with the Bennett to be like this because for starters...she had no idea where Bonnie was.

Honestly, it was the vampire's own fault, she had continued taunting the brother's while Bonnie had headed deeper into the tomb, the vampire losing her in the winding tunnels and had given up on finding her.

Meanwhile, the demon witch was enjoying her solitude. She was sitting in a particularly dark tunnel, reveling in the familiarity and comfort of darkness.

For the first few hours in the tomb she caught up on some sleep and sharpening her nails—claws—and dug deeper into the tomb until she reached gems, mining the gems and making jewelry.

The demon witch was now just relaxing, faltering when her phone buzzed in her pocket.

"Lucy," She greeted, "How might I be able to help you."

"You absolute idiot!" Lucy screamed, "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?!-"

Bonnie pulled her phone away from her ear allowing Lucy to continue ranting while also protecting her hearing. Once Lucy's faint shouting quieted down Bonnie brought her phone back to her ear.

"Are you quite finished?"

Heaving a heavy sigh Lucy let out a "Yeah."

"I'm fine," Bonnie promised, "You know I can handle myself."

"...I know," Lucy sighed, "I just still worry, that's what family does."

"I appreciate your worry, and I'll be home soon."

"I'll see you then, I guess," Lucy said.

"You will," Bonnie agreed.

"Bye, coz."

"Goodbye, Lucy, I'll see you soon."

Putting her phone in her other pocket Bonnie cocked her head to the side when she felt her wallet in her pocket. She pulled her wallet out and opening it up, was greeting with the photos she and Elijah had taken the night before.

Bonnie smiled to herself as she allowed her magic to call out to the gem jewelry, gems glowing ethereally, lighting up her tunnel in a warm light. She unfolded one of the strips of pictures looking on fondly.