v.

❝ your heart and my heart are very, very old friends

❝ your heart and my heart are very, very old friends. ❞

— hafiz

"Rise and shine!" Cain beamed as he threw the curtains in Bonnie's room open, the light of the morning sun streaming over the demon witch.

"Hmm," The hybrid grunted, rolling over, shielding her face from the sun.

"Come on, it's time for school~" Cain sang.

"Fuck off," Bonnie threw a pillow at him.

"Ah ah ah," He tutted, allowing the pillow to smack him into the face, "As your new English teacher I have a responsibility to make sure you're getting your education~"

Bonnie sat up slowly.

"You're joking, right?" The demon witch asked, eyes narrowing.

"About what?" Cain asked innocently, picking up the pillow, tossing it back to her.

"About being my teacher," Bonnie looked at him unimpressed.

"I would never lie about that," Cain gasped dramatically.

Bonnie exhaled sharply and allowed herself to fall back against her bed.

"C'mon, now," Cain tutted, "Time for school."

"What are you going to do?" Bonnie called out airily, "Give me detention?"

"Don't tempt me," Cain grinned.

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she shoed Cain out of her room, getting ready for the day.

"Bekah, morning," Bonnie greeted as she exited her room.

Elijah, who was sitting at the table with his sister turned to her voice, sighing dreamily the moment he saw her.