xv.

❝ You're important

❝ You're important. ❞

— Billie

"How's Caroline?" Bonnie asked as she approached Matt.

"She's not good, Bon," Matt admitted.

"What happened?" She sat beside him, she knew what happened, of course she knew but she wanted to follow the script.

"We were driving," Matt breathed out, "And Tyler heard this noise, and he got-he got like this migraine or something and he lost control of the car," There were tears in his eyes, "And I-I thought that Caroline was fine, and then-and then she wasn't, so..." His voice broke as he trailed off.

✕✕✕✕✕

"Bonnie," Elena called out to the hybrid who was on her way to see the blonde, "How's Caroline?"

"She's weak," The hybrid admitted, "They don't know if she's going to make it."

"What?" Elena's breath hitched in her throat, "Is there something that you can do?"

"I was on my way to go do that when you called me over."

"Do you have all the ingredients for a spell like that?" Damon stepped forward, pointedly avoiding looking at Elena.

"Not with me," Bonnie lied, she didn't need ingredients but what she did need, was for Caroline to become a vampire, "But...there is another option."

"What?" Elena looked between the hybrid and vampire in confusion.

"I can give her some blood," Damon, catching onto what Bonnie was suggesting, clarified.

"No," Elena instantly denied, "No, no."

"Just enough to heal her," Damon rolled his eyes at the doppelgänger, "She'll be safe in the hospital."

Bonnie who knew she was very much not safe in the hospital turned, staring at one of the walls like it was a camera.

"It'll be out of her system in a day," Damon added.

"It's too risky," Elena scoffed, "I can't agree to that."