ix.

❝ Great men are forged in fire

❝ Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. ❞

— the War Doctor

Bonnie Bennett's corpse flooded with warmth, blood flowing through her hybrid veins...as her eyes snapped open to reveal a deep evil inky black.

The hybrid inhaled shakily, shivering with power. She grunted, shoving the stones that had been placed over her, onto the floor beside her with a quiet thud.

Damon Salvatore tensed and faltered hearing noises behind him. He hesitantly stood and turned, stepping over the wall of rocks. His breath hitched in his throat when he saw Bonnie sitting up.

"...Bonnie?" He called out nervously.

The Bennett turned her head to look at him and Damon took an involuntary step back in fear, eyes widening. He had never known such fear as he stared into Bonnie's black eyes, watching in horrified fascination as the black receded.

 He had never known such fear as he stared into Bonnie's black eyes, watching in horrified fascination as the black receded

"I'm back..." She whispered.

✕✕✕✕✕

Bonnie Bennett strode into school the next day as if nothing had happened. Head held high, makeup hiding her fresh vampire bites, slight prep in her step.

"Bonnie..." Caroline whispered, "Bonnie!" She cried, flinging herself forward, wrapping her arms around the hybrid.

"Caroline, not that I don't mind the PDA, but why is it happening?" Bonnie hugged the girl back softly.