3-Brithday Party

"Hey Tony." His mom smiled at me with sincere, knowing she was going to give me pity.

"Heyo franky!" I chuckled and he walked Inside the house, leaving his mom side.

"How are you?"

"Good Mrs. González." She frowns knowing she hates being called that but it feels right to because she's my kid best friend mom.

"I already told you-,"

"Just trying to place the standards. Would you like to join for his party?"

"No, I have to go shopping with Hannah. I'll be picking him up Saturday morning." I nod at her and she's leaves. Hannah is Tony sister that he never shut up about.

I close the door and already see Tony talking to Tavio. He loves talking to little kids, he has a baby sister, 2, non-stop talking about her.

Sara bumped into me and laughs, "hi!" Her high pitch voice fills my ear.

"Hi Sara, ready for the party?" She nods as she laughs and runs to Tavio.

Sara is four now. Ellie and Mack thought Jett and Sara should spend time together since their cousin which I agree.

The little kids ended up playing legos together.

I notice Matt and Haven been distance from each other, I see the tense in the air but none of them has been taking to each other.

"Hey daddy-o." I turn to see Danny passing me a beer.

I took a sip. "Daddy-o? I'm not some cereal name."

Danny chuckles and nudge my shoulder, "you could to be honest, model for god sake and end up branded on cereal. Do you know how many women will buy that? You could get rich quickly."

"I'm already rich." I remind him as he takes a drink of his beer.

"Well shit, slipped my mind after buying another Lamborghini." He said sarcastically. Cat walked over to us and place her arm around his arm.

"And Frank, if you need modeling clothes, call me. I'm like two buttons away."

"What's the first button?"

"For girls." Danny chokes on his liquid and Cat pat his back hard, I laughed at the master piece right here.

"Do I have to fucking worry about you getting women number?! Checking out their ass and boobs?!" Again, I laughed and Cat only smiles from his jealousy.

"Oh honey, we been together for awhile, you haven't notice the dms I have been getting." Danny dropped his jaw and Cat grins at him.

"I need another drink."

"And Danny stop cursing." I let out a huff from annoyed that their were kids around and could hear a earful from their parents.

"Sure thing.....Daddy-o." That piece of shit.

....

My phone rang and I step aside from Jett and answer the call. "Hey I know it's bad timing and everything but the deal didn't go through. They said they would only accept from the leader."

Alex said and I sigh. The deal was to protect a club that Gabby had bought from gang they had sacred. At the time Gabby didn't know but she knew she was going to ask the gang for the land.

"Alright I will talk to Manny, just get over here with Daisy. Jett wants everyone here to cut the cake."

I end the call and see Matt smiling at Jett who was laughing with his best friend.

"What's up in parodise?" Matt shrugged his shoulder not caring of their situation.

Matt turn his body towards me and observe my face. "How much of sleep have you been getting?"

"Not enough." I haven't sleep a full 8 hours since Gabby died. My mind is full of memories and can't push them back.

"You miss her?" What kind of question is that?

"Why wouldn't I?" I question the meaning of his question but turns out I knew something was bothering him.

"I'm gonna help out Nima." He leaves me side and I drop the suspicions. Nima did need help, she was trying to make Jett birthday prefect. Matt helped her place the table and put the table cover.

We had the party outside because Jett loves nature and space so the theme was space. Of course Nima loves space, and wanted to plan everything. She had been working as a doctor, she was able to take the day off today but early morning she had day shift to do at the hospital.

Everything has change since Gabby died, and I haven't let myself change. I couldn't bypass Gabby death, everyone morning I was hoping it was all a dream but never is.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JETT!" We all finished the happy birthday song and began to eat cake, then Jett had open all his present.

"Hey." I look to my left and see Manny.

"Hey." I responded.

"Please visit more, Nima never shuts up about how her kid should have more kids around the house and plus your like 2 minutes away." Manny said as he drinks his beer.

I sigh and run my finger through my hair. "We will, Jett wants to visit more."

He nods, "also, there's a party tomorrow, annual gang party. Since I'm too old to have kids and Jett is too young to take over, I was thinking making you lead."

"I don't know. I never saw myself as a leader."

Manny has a straight face on. "Think about it."

"It's on my list." Jett runs towards me and grabs my hand.

"Come on! I want to go jumping with you!" I place the beer on the table and we head over to the moonjump.

"I think I'm too old for this." We stand in front of air jumpy raft things.

"Oh come on grandpa."

I stood there in shocks, "grandpa? Ah hell Na. Get your ass in there and I will show you how a man can do it."

Jett laughs and enter the moonjump.

Jett and I jumped on the moonjumped, we play tag and see we can cross the thing fast enough.

I was happy. I'm always happy or try to but today shows I can maybe get over Gabby slowly. Not that I want her gone in my mind, just so I can live again.

I miss her but nothing going to change her death.

———————————

-Yeet