33

Areum's POV

"Mom, can I go with some friends?"

"Where?" Mom

"Highland Bar, you know that, right?"

"How can I not know? Your ex owns that" she teased

"Are you really going to tease me? As if I am going there for him. If I know Hyunjin bought that place from him"

"Hyunjin did?" Mom asked while eating watermelon

I nodded and kept scrolling through my account.

"Chan is a nice guy. The one you told me about? Isn't he the guy who you talked to? The one would always call you always to ask about you, would drive you home and would bring you some food" Mom said as she remembered

"Why are you talking like you were the one he flirted with?"

"You call that flirt? I call that a handsome guy who is courting a girl he is sure of" Mom chuckled and ran to the kitchen

She is crazy. She knows everything what Chan did and that's why she likes him for me. It is true that Chan and I had something to do with each other. I don't know if it's flirting stage or more like a want to commit stage. Felix knew about it and told me to take care of Chan because he is a nice guy. We were fine but one day we stopped talking for no reason.

"Areum, you should get ready if you will leave" Mom shouted from the kitchen

I charged my phone and went to my room. I took a quick bath and wore my clothes. I put some makeup on and opened my jewelry box and wore my necklace that has my initials carved on it-

"Why is this here?"

The ring that Chan gave me during my birthday. He told me to keep so I guess my pretty nice ass did kept it and it's still here. I'm not even wearing it to any occasions.
As I finished getting read, I ran downstairs and saw Mom laughing as she went to kitchen. She is really scaring me. Sometimes she would chuckle when she sees me.

"Mom, can you hand me some chocolates?"

I opened my phone-

@b_chan97 : I'm fine. How are you? It's been a long time! I missed you too.

What the fuck is this message? This is Chan's username! Oh my god. What the hell is happening? I didn't message him first. What the fuck! Tell me this is a dream.

I opened the conversation-

How are you, Chan? I missed you! Hope we can hangout sometimes : @aReumheart

"Mom!!!"

She started laughing as she got out of the kitchen "What?"

"What did you do? Oh my gosh. You are embarrassing me!"

"Shoot your shot, sweetheart" she winked

I annoyingly took my bag and phone as I left the house. I got in my car and stared at the message from Chan. I don't know what to reply. Should I ignore it? Or tell him the truth?

hey, Mom messaged you. It wasn't me. I am so sorry : @aReumheart

@b_chan97 : I got my hopes up when you said you wanted to hangout, hahaha! It's fine, I get to message you now. Should really hangout or what? You decide, but it'll be better if you say yes.

if you want to, why not? Let's hangout : @aReumheart

I drove to the Highland Bar since they are all already there and I am the only one who is late to the party. I mean what's new? I am always late whenever they are inviting me.

"Areum, I heard Felix will be holding a part next week?" my classmate asked

We are currently in bar because it's our classmate's birthday and she wanted to celebrate it in Highland Bar, the new bar which I heard was bought by Hyunjin then transferred to someone name Park Yeona.

"Is he going to do it here or somewhere?" another one asked

"This bar is going to be renovated"

"Really?" she asked

"That's what I heard but I think that's true"

"Areum" my classmate said and handed me the light drink "Don't drink a lot. Felix will get mad if you do"

"He will get mad at you guys not me"

I don't go for hard drink since I have low alcohol tolerance unlike Felix and Ayoung who are pro when it comes to drinking hard drinks. That's why I always sleep early than them.

I opened my phone to see Chan's message.

@b_chan97 : Hmm... Where do you want to go?

@b_chan97 : You still there?

Hey, I'm sorry. I am currently at Highland Bar, drinking with some friends. Where are you? : @aReumheart

@b_chan97 : Enjoy! You should have some fun there. I'll talk to you later. I'm with them right now.

I was about to type my message when I received a call.

Ayoung calling...

"Hey-"

[A-Areum, where are you? Where's Felix?]

"What the hell? Why are you crying? Where are you? What happened?"

[Please, come to the hospital. S-She is in a critical condition, please...]

"What?! What the fuck happened? Calm down, will you!? Who are you talking about? Who is in a critical condition?! Speak clearly, okay? Calm down. You'll be fine"

All I heard from her is her loud cry and some words which I don't understand since she is sobbing.

"Lee Ayoung! Calm down! What happened?!"

[K-Keyzi is in critical condition]