36

Yeona's POV

"So pretty" Hyunjin whispered

I woke up and saw him sitting beside me while staring at my face. I hurriedly covered my face with the blanket. Why the hell would he stare at my face early in the morning?

"Why the fuck are you staring at me?"

"Can't I? I am your boyfriend though" Hyunjin smiled

I sat up and stared at him "Where did you slept last night?"

"I went home around 3 am and slept at the living room. I don't want to wake you up. So..." Hyunjin

"Why? Did you guys drank a lot?"

"No, something happened last night" Hyunjin said and sat on the bed

"What happened?"

"Just get ready for school. I'll tell you later" he said and kissed my forehead

He is weird. Is something wrong with him or something really serious happened? I wonder why he stayed up until 3 am. There must be really something wrong which he is hesitating to tell me.

I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I wore the uniform he brought home the other night for me and some clothes. I fixed my face and hair. I finished getting ready and went outside.

He is drinking coffee while on his phone "You done?"

"You don't look like you slept"

"Actually, I didn't. I can't sleep and been thinking of a lot of things" Hyunjin said and smiled but it is different now "Shall we go? Ayumi is waiting for you. She needs you more than anyone right now"

"I am confused. What is happening? Did something wrong happen to Felix and Ayumi?"

"Let's go" Hyunjin said and took my bag with him

We left his unit and went to the parking lot. We arrived at the parking lot and got in his car. He drove to our school. He is really confusing me now. I wonder what happened to Ayumi.

"Can you tell me now?"

"Felix's little sister died last night" Hyunjin

"Keyzi?! W-Why? What happened?!"

"She got hit by a car. We were shocked by the news. Ayoung is the only one who witnessed how Keyzi gave up on her life. It was devastating for everyone. Felix and Lowell were both there. Ayumi probably has a lot of thoughts now. You should talk to her. She needs you" Hyunjin

I met Keyzi before, when Felix brought Keyzi to school because our school provided some play for kids. She is really nice and bubbly. She is sweet and caring and would always take care of Felix.

As we arrived at school, we went to our classroom. Our classmates weren't there yet, since we have an hour before our first class starts. Ayumi is the only one there who is holding her phone and staring at the window.

"I'll be at the cafeteria" Hyunjin said and kissed my cheeks, then left.

I entered the classroom and sat beside Ayumi "Hey"

She looked at me and smiled "Where were you for these past few days? I tried contacting you but you weren't answering the calls and messages. Are you mad?"

"Are you okay?"

There, I caught her off guard.

Her tears started falling down "I can't even help Felix lessen the pain he is feeling right now. I wanted to go to him and talk to him. I want to help him be fine but I am scared that he might push me away"

"Why would he push you away?"

"I know he wanted some time alone" Ayumi sobbed

I caress her back "For now, let him be alone. If he needs you and he can't take it. You will be the first one he will go to. Believe me. He just needed some time alone. Keyzi is so precious to Felix and that will be hard for Felix to accept everything that happened"

"I am just worried of him. What if he try to push everyone away? I am sacred for him. I wanted to tell him that I am here for him, always" Ayumi

"I understand but you should try to understand him as well"

She nodded and looked at me "You avoided me the last time we saw each other. Why? Are you mad at me?"

"Ayumi, to be honest, I like Felix before you do. I am always feeling the butterflies in my stomach whenever I see him. He is so perfect for me and the first guy I like... He chose you. He likes you. I made sure he won't hurt you. I let go. I had to avoid you for me to move on and not get hurt"

"I'm sorry-" Ayumi

"You don't have to be sorry. I liked him. That was in the past now. You two are happy and I don't see anything wrong. I never got mad you. All the things that you did for me... Just letting go of Felix is not enough to pay you back and your kindness. I am okay now"

"Yeona..." Ayumi

"Hyunjin and I found comfort in each other. I guess we were meant to be in the first place. Don't worry, I am happy now. We are both happy. That's what matters, right?"

She nodded and hugged me "Thank you for staying in my life. I am really grateful to have you. Seriously..."

"Me too. I am grateful to have you no matter how annoying you are"

She chuckled.

Are you really happy, Ayumi?