VII - ivy halls

Chapter Seven - Ivy Halls

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

The dorm rooms were rather large but still very cozy, and after the long walk to the dorms, it was worth it. Yet, only my body felt the comfort of the room. My mind, on the other hand, was out of control. There were two 'bedrooms' in this studio-like room- which by the way, is insane! What kind of kid needs a studio as a dorm room? Not to mention that each student is allowed to bring maids and butlers, AND if they don't have any servants, they're appointed one! I get it this place is rich, but holy crap, it's unnecessary.

A sigh left my lips as I dropped my head back onto the seat's headrest. I could feel the stares coming from Tilly and Kamai- the butler. It was unpleasant to have someone watching me mope around, but I was unprepared for all of this extravagance and glory, which, in turn, made me exhausted. Why did the rich have to be like this?!?

~~3rd POV~~

As their young master let out another sigh, Tilly and Kamai glanced at each other. Something was different with the young master. He wasn't as sensitive or disrespectful. Instead, he was passive and antisocial. Tilly might have never met the young lord, but she had heard tales and even seen proof of his behavior, but the young man sitting in front of her now... well, he was nothing like before. She wasn't complaining! The young man lazing before her was a treat for her eyes. Even Kamai agreed that Ezra was pleasing to look at now that he wasn't so unpleasant. Ruffled, silky black hair, strong, pointed eyebrows and closed red eyes decorated with long black eyelashes.

His pale skin sparkled gently against the warm sunlight as his black hair lay against the brown cushion of the couch. He was simply sitting there, but he was stunning. The boy was similar to a glass doll, but not many glass dolls let out heavy sighs. Tilly couldn't take it anymore and spoke up, startling Kamai. "Young master, why don't we go see the headmaster? Your father's letter has yet to be delivered."

Ezra opened his sharp crimson eyes and glared at Tilly, making her look away. The boy wasn't trying to glare at her. He couldn't help the scary expressions. "The letter can be delivered by someone else." He sighed and crossed his legs, sitting up straighter. "I've been meaning to ask this," he hummed, pushing aside the letter his father had written for the headmaster. "Why have you joined us?" He asked shortly, looking directly at Kamai. The butler lowered his eyes as he bowed, taking a moment to speak. "I requested to accompany the young master as an apology for crashing into you." It was on-the-spot reasoning, but it seemed Ezra had accepted it, which was unusual.

Historically, the young master would throw a fit simply because the seating was uncomfortable. Now he hardly gave a second thought to the reason Kamai had joined them. It puzzled the butler, but it also intrigued him to no end. Why had the young man changed so much? Can a little poison mellow someone out like that? Before Kamai could inquire about the young master, the doors to the dorm room opened. Ezra's eyes rose to the door before his body visibly tensed.

~~Ezra's POV~~

Ruben Sharp. A young man with gentle green eyes and fluffy caramel brown hair- a very soft and kind appearance. But his skills in strategy were enough to make him the devil. He was a cunning fox that had plotted Ezra's demise. The old Ezra may have been temperamental, but he was damn smart, but the pure hate he held blinded him. If it weren't for his hatred, Ezra might have outwitted Ruben and survived.

Who would've thought I'd meet one of the main characters so early in the game? I could tell Ruben was just as surprised as I was; his green eyes widened ever so slightly, and soon, a displeased expression made its way to his flawless face. "Why'd you stop, Ruben?" An unknown voice spoke up, shaking the male out of his momentary displeasure. I know Ezra was a jerk, but I don't believe Ruben had any real interaction with him... That also reminds me that Ezra never had a roommate in the dorms! Why now!?

I watched as the caramel-haired boy looked back at his friends, smiled softly, and spoke. "Oh, nothing. You will have to ignore my luggage. I have yet to unclutter the place." He said gently, acting as if he hadn't just called Ezra clutter. I felt my eyes narrow and my body grow uncontrollably tense. Clutter? I haven't done a thing to this kid, yet he calls me clutter!? I let out an audible sigh and stood up, catching the attention of Ruben and the two kids behind him. I glanced curiously at the group before turning my head and walking further away from them. I don't have the energy to deal with spoiled brats.

Of course, just because I walked away doesn't mean I can't hear... I picked up some snickering and whispers from Ruben's two followers. It was unpleasant... even more so when Ruben spoke up. "Don't be so rude. It takes quite a bit of energy to get to this school. Even the dorms are quite far away. That is, if you walk."

His voice was too gentle. It set me off kilter not being able to see their movements. Slowly the anxiety started to build in my chest. Thoughts of Ezra's and my death filled my mind. The memories flashed like lightning while leaving a rumbling in my chest. The group continued to talk, disregarding my existence, but it felt as if their words stabbed into my body, pinning me down. I knew Tilly and Kamai had noticed my stillness, but I was too concerned about the green-eyed demon in my room.

As the memories started to mix, the feeling of my death and Ezra's torture collided, creating a canvas of pain, heartache, regret, anger, and confusion. My body itched. My head throbbed, and I felt suffocated in this room. Without a second thought, I jumped from the bed and hurriedly made my way out of the room. "Stay here," I ordered Tilly and Kamai, wanting to avoid their comfort. After all, they were once happy about Ezra's death. Truthfully I was surprised my voice was so calm. Despite my trembling hands, my voice hadn't betrayed me.

I hardly gave Ruben and his people a glance before shutting the door and rushing down the large hallway. Damn rich people and their spacious buildings! Give me a place to hide!! I quickened my pace as I looked for somewhere- anywhere- to hide! It felt like I was given a lethal amount of caffeine and told to sit still. My heart and mind were racing, my body felt numb, and everything was too overwhelming!

Before I could even register where I was, I felt something crash against me and soon felt the hard ground. Deja vu anyone?

~~3rd POV~~

Ezra hadn't simply crashed into something - he crashed into Keon Blackburn, another main character who had assisted in killing Ezra. With his snowy white hair and sunset-red eyes, the boy was rather intimidating to Ezra, but when red eyes met crimson ones, time seemed to slow for a moment. Keon had never seen Ezra look so weak. He looked small and frail as his watery eyes widened with fear. With the speed of a cornered animal, Ezra stood up, bowed to Keon then, swiftly ran off, leaving the white-haired male with a perplexed expression and a confused mind.

"What..?" He silently muttered. Keon had met Ezra once before. It was brief and only lasted a few minutes, but Keon made sure to remember such a spoiled, annoying, rich boy. The guy had no brains! Nor manners! He made the room stiff with anticipation and fear. Generally, Keon was irritated by Ezra, but when he crashed into him, he felt confused, especially after the boy had bowed and hurried away. What had happened to make Ezra Kingston shiver like a little rabbit? 

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

UPDATED 11/22