XVIII - kärsiä

Chapter Eightteen — Kärsiä

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

Isaiah Holt. Tan honey skin with short, candy red hair. Compared to Keon– with his white hair and pale skin– Isaiah was a fiery looking teen… his sunset yellow eyes didn’t help with that either. Despite his fiery appearance Isaiah is quite the softie. He's is a sweet guy, especially to those who are weaker than him. Which leads us to Isaiah's current predicament. Ezra Kingston, this is the second time he's been kidnapped and the third time the crimson eyed male caught his attention. Normally Isaiah wouldn't have cared about Ezra or his antics... and he was trying to stay empathetic to the boy, however, something drastic had changed within Ezra Kingson, the bastard of the Kingston family. Isaiah wasn't sure what had changed but the boy who looked at him with wide fearful eyes was not the Kingston bastard.

"Are you okay Ezra?" Isaiah asked, his thick eyebrows furrowing with worry. The boy was trembling beneath his grip... like a puppy that had just gotten beaten and thrown into a corner. Isaiah felt a light frown plague his lips; he didn't enjoy watching people get scared or stay scared. Without a second thought, Isaiah wrapped his arms around Ezra's shoulders and pulled him deep into the warmth of his body. It wasn't a hug you'd give your lover... more like a hug you'd give to your little sister to stop her crying, a hug that calmed you down. But, despite his effort to calm Ezra down, the hug only seemed to worsen the trembling. The redhead frowned more and glanced back at his companions: Alexander Diaz and Keon Blackburn, who looked just as clueless. You'd think after saving countless girls from the kidnapping cult, the three teens would know how to handle someone in shock...

Isaiah took in a short breath and gently placed one of his hands on the back of Ezra's head. With his gloved hand, Isaiah tenderly pat down the boys messy black hair, trying again to calm the male. A few moments passed like this; Ezra in Isaiah's arms while Alexander and Keon watched... However, they couldn't stay like this. Just as Isaiah was about to pull away, Erza took the initiative and cautiously stepped back, his head low and his body stiff. When the boy finally looked up Isaiah's golden eyes grew wide and he immediately stepped forward. Just as he reached Ezra, the ghostly pale boy collapsed back into his arms.

"Wha-?" Alexander subconsciously let out, stepping forward to help Isaiah. The blond haired teen crouched next to Isaiah, pulling off his gloves to check Ezra's condition. The redhead watched Alexander's hands– he knew neither Alex or Keon liked Ezra... so he was sure to keep watch. But, to his relief, Alexander only made sure Ezra's heart was beating normally. Sometimes, those who pass out due to shock, have an elevated heart rate... which can cause some internal issues if not treated properly. Luckily Ezra was okay.

"We should get moving." Keon spoke sharply, indifferent to Ezra and his 'situation'. His attitude towards the black haired boy was... irritating. At times he would be intrigued, purely curious, but other times he would act as if Ezra had hurt a defenseless little baby.

Alexander on the other hand kept an open mind to Ezra. The blond prince glared at Keon and shook his head. "Moving Ezra might worsen his condition!"

"Hah? He looks just fine to me, besides you checked him and said he was fine." Keon snapped, glaring right back at Alexander.

"He's stable for now but do you seriously think he-"

"Enough!" Isaiah demanded, abruptly standing up. Keon and Alexander stopped and looked at the redhead. Ezra was tucked gently in the males arms, his breathing was steady and he seemed perfectly comfortable in Isaiah's hold. "I'm going to take him to his dorm. You two can clean up here." Alex froze and opened his mouth, ready to fight to get out of cleaning up. But shut his mouth as soon as Isaiah's sharp yellow eyes looked directly into his soul. "Fine." Was the only thing the blondy could mutter before Isaiah looked away and started walking.